Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 AM

156 posts, read 920,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abramsor View Post
I was one of the first buyers, during the pre-opening. We have one of the cottage plans in the back of the subdivision. It is the one they call "Carpenter Gothic".

I had been looking for a house in which to care for my elderly grandmother for months, and was giving up because of the difficulty of finding a handicapped accessible house, and one that didn't look like every other house on the market.

Seeing the downstairs bathroom, I immediately realized it wouldn't work for us as there was no room for a wheelchair near the toliet. However, as we were walking out, I commented on this to the realtor..and a man standing nearby asked what the problem was. I explained, and within a few minutes the builder and the owner were both standing there taking notes. We bought a few days later and they not only updated the doors, but they put in a garage ramp, tore out the existing bathroom and replaced it, and moved a window to make it all work - all within 30 days time. I still have no idea how they managed it all.

We have been extremely happy with the house, the service and the neighborhood since - and caring for my grandmother here has been much easier then in our old home. The neighbors are friendly, the area is quiet and in the summer time people really do use the "rocking chair porches". I reccomend it to anyone.

The only massive pain has been the huge arched window in the front. Finding appropriate coverings that don't look cheesy is almost impossible.

Oh, and I am 40. Not sure if this makes me part of the 'older' crowd, but I appreciate not having a huge yard to care for.

Thanks for posting this.. I am so happy you love it and the builder treated you right..Getting information from the sales center seems a bit of a problem.
I may ask stupid questions about the area, but that is because I am NOT from the area.. The feeling I got is they are not really interested, unless you are there standing in the sales center with your check-book.. I now realize I need a buyer's agent..

I am 45 and don't want land..lol.. But really don't want a townhouse.. I think the cottages would be perfect. They said phase two is not open yet.. At least that is what I think he said.. (his mad rush to get off the phone)..Maybe I need to talk to the builder instead!!

The gothic looks so pretty..I am going to also look at Savanna..I hope the sales people talk to me.. LOL...

Thanks again and Happy Holiday's!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,089 times
Based on the comments back in January, what did you decide? Did you buy in Kitts Creek?

Old 06-10-2007, 05:47 AM

14 posts, read 41,490 times
Default Lt

I have been looking for a home in the RDU area for several months and I would like to hear from anyone who has an opinion on how close to the proposed 540 is too close. For example, Kitts Creek appears to be very close according to the map I am looking at--yet no one mentions this in their reviews. Thanks LT

Old 06-10-2007, 07:23 AM

43,296 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindadi View Post
I have been looking for a home in the RDU area for several months and I would like to hear from anyone who has an opinion on how close to the proposed 540 is too close. For example, Kitts Creek appears to be very close according to the map I am looking at--yet no one mentions this in their reviews. Thanks LT
Lindadi,
Kitts Creek IS close to the soon-to-open 540.
I would suggest that you go to Kitts Creek and listen to the highway noise after it opens. I think the noise level will vary dramatically within the subdivision. The bungalows are located several hundred feet away from homes that back to the highway.
I am curious whether 540 will be a mild drone or intrusive on the far side of Kitts Creek. We will know soon.

Highway noise is greatly affected by topography and development. If you have a line of sight from home to highway, noise will probably be intrusive. If the highway is in a ravine, a nearby home will probably experience huge noise intrusion.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:58 PM

229 posts, read 1,054,353 times
I've taken a lot of clients out to Kitts Creek. They either LOVE it or dislike it but I haven't had too many people inbetween. And, I agree w/both Mike and Leigh.

Pluses:
Location is central to RTP-Quintiles, Cisco, and IBM.
Close to I-540 and new shopping that is being built
Every home is different-they have colonial, craftsman, traditional, Victorian, you name it.

Minuses:
Some clients do think it has a Loony Tunes feel

I personally think the one story bungalows that are just now being built will be the best investment. One story homes are in high demand and they are going to handle the grass cutting in this section of Kitts Creek.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:03 PM

188 posts, read 1,144,536 times
Default deposit

To anyone who has bought a home at Kitts Creek:

How much did you pay for a deposit? Were you willing to negotiate prices at all? How long did it take for construction?

My husband and I are planning on building there within a year.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 PM

18 posts, read 69,225 times
I bought a spec home and although I didn't get a lower price, I did get a lot of incentives. Free fence, 2k in gift certs, free blinds, etc. We only had to put down $5k for a deposit.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:07 PM

19 posts, read 71,536 times
They've had a couple of specs that have been sitting for a while, so I'm not surprised about the incentives. That's not saying the houses aren't nice or there is something wrong with them, I'm just betting that folks buying in KC want to start from scratch. Looking at their web site though it looks like they are putting in more Specs. Last summer when we signed our contract they had about 4 or 5 specs and the incentive then was knocking about 10k off the price. They probably make out better offering the upgrades/additions below.

Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo729 View Post
I bought a spec home and although I didn't get a lower price, I did get a lot of incentives. Free fence, 2k in gift certs, free blinds, etc. We only had to put down $5k for a deposit.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:42 AM

188 posts, read 1,144,536 times
Default obstructed lots at Kitts Creek

I went driving around the neighborhood yesterday, trying to scout out a lot that my husband and I might be interested in. I saw one that is larger (.28 according to the WakeGov property data), but I noticed that there is a mobile home and dozens of baby trees piled on the lot and the one next to it. Have these lots always been covered? They are lots 236 and 237 located at the corner or Glade Valley Ln and Kit Creek Rd.

Does anyone know when KC is planning on moving this stuff? There aren't too many "big" lots left for the Village homes, and lot 236 is one of the biggest left, but appears to be not available. Lot size is very important to us, and we refuse to build a bigger home on .1 acres.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 4,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliping View Post
I went driving around the neighborhood yesterday, trying to scout out a lot that my husband and I might be interested in. I saw one that is larger (.28 according to the WakeGov property data), but I noticed that there is a mobile home and dozens of baby trees piled on the lot and the one next to it. Have these lots always been covered? They are lots 236 and 237 located at the corner or Glade Valley Ln and Kit Creek Rd.

Does anyone know when KC is planning on moving this stuff? There aren't too many "big" lots left for the Village homes, and lot 236 is one of the biggest left, but appears to be not available. Lot size is very important to us, and we refuse to build a bigger home on .1 acres.
I live in the house across the street from the construction trailer. They put it in about 2 months before we closed last September. Imagine my surprise when we came out one afternoon to check on the construction of our house and see this trailer across the street from my dream house. We immediately went to talk to the sales agent about it and he told us it would only be there about 1 year. When we talked to the construction foreman, he said that it would be there for the duration of the project. We got our real estate agent involved as well but she couldn't get a straight answer either. We wanted to believe the sales agent on 1 year because as the construction moves towards the back of the community (where the bungalows are going up) it wouldn't make much sense to keep the trailer where it is as it doesn't provide much convenience to the workers. That's the reason we were told that it was put where it is today. I think that if they had someone who wanted to purchase that lot, they would indeed move it in a minute. They just want to make money. My husband and I have been hoping that someone would come along and put a contract for a house on that lot. We thought our chances were looking pretty good seeing as how they have completed one house and have another in progress right beside the "trailer lot".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary