Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 03:58 PM

1,323 posts, read 1,267,402 times

Advertisements

Oh, and I know nothing about a Raising Cane restaurant. Maybe they should put one over by PNC arena? I might give it try, but more likely if it was in a suburban shopping center than the heart of downtown CH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 04:09 PM

82 posts, read 135,383 times
My kid and I used to enjoy a lot, when living in Baton Rouge. Can’t wait!

Old 12-27-2021, 04:12 PM

2,017 posts, read 3,597,397 times
The official chicken tender of the Hurricanes?

Old 12-27-2021, 04:18 PM

22,728 posts, read 36,950,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Apart from the incidence of calling someone autistic I think it’s a bit unfair to say I have been crass. I mean some people in here denigrate rural areas . .
That was in response to someone actually asking "what is Smithfield like?". I have no skin in the game but don't defend yourself so shoddily.

Old 12-27-2021, 04:20 PM

22,728 posts, read 36,950,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Raising Cane's is way better than PDQ.......
Ugh PDQ. They have gone way downhill. My connoisseur will no longer eat there

Old 12-27-2021, 04:27 PM

6,411 posts, read 5,543,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Raising Cane's is way better than PDQ.......
That's an incredibly low bar to set lol.

But I do look forward to trying out Raising Cane's.

I used to really like Zaxby's years ago...to the point of my roommates and I would take almost weekly "excursions" from our apt in Chapel Hill to the closest (at the time) Zaxby's in Mebane for a round of Wings & Things combos for all...but there is a chemically/off-putting taste I've noticed in their chicken more recently so not a huge fan anymore.

Old 12-27-2021, 04:34 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,634,440 times
I was meh about this until I went to their website and saw that those do indeed look fantastic. Especially for after bar college student munchies.

I will try them for sure. More eagerly awaiting the University Hill BBs Crispy Chicken, though the reviews have been iffy for Raleigh.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:33 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,485,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
That's an incredibly low bar to set lol.

But I do look forward to trying out Raising Cane's.

I used to really like Zaxby's years ago...to the point of my roommates and I would take almost weekly "excursions" from our apt in Chapel Hill to the closest (at the time) Zaxby's in Mebane for a round of Wings & Things combos for all...but there is a chemically/off-putting taste I've noticed in their chicken more recently so not a huge fan anymore.
Speaking of:
Zaxby’s should bring back their milkshakes. I liked those and hate that they took them away!

Old 12-27-2021, 07:09 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,748,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Apart from the incidence of calling someone autistic I think it’s a bit unfair to say I have been crass. I mean some people in here denigrate rural areas . Other day Smithfield was lambasted as a backwards racist hick place. It’s a two way street, I poked mostly harmless fun at a rather upper middle class area ( which chapel hill is ) and not in a demeaning way either . Versus painting an entire region as being inhabited by backward hicks .
I think you need to take a deep breath and pause before replying next time to a post on here. A lot of your posts just feel like they go from zero to one hundred rather quickly. If you find that another user is out of line, just report the post to a moderator using the icon in the top right of all posts.

Old 12-28-2021, 10:38 AM

6,662 posts, read 5,620,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I was meh about this until I went to their website and saw that those do indeed look fantastic. Especially for after bar college student munchies.

I will try them for sure. More eagerly awaiting the University Hill BBs Crispy Chicken, though the reviews have been iffy for Raleigh.
My brother raved about Raising Cane's since he lived near one when he was in college in St. Louis - I tried it out and I was pretty impressed. It's definitely one of the better fast food chains out there. I personally liked it better than Zaxby's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary