Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 05:56 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We have enjoyed Lugano Ristorante in Cary.
Quieter during the week than on Friday or Saturday, like most eateries.

Lugano | Dinner Menu
We used to enjoy them a lot. They went through some tough times, and we ended up finding other Italian places we enjoy, but I would say this is probably a good fit as well. Moderately priced, upscale casual?

Lucky 32 is another in Cary. Not really quiet or dim, but once in there, they do a good job of making you feel like you're at your own private spot.

Also, many (!) more causal places like bars and pubs. I don't need to recommend them, there are many!

We like Sitti and Taverna Agora in DT Raleigh. See comments about Lucky 32 regarding quiet/dim. (Taverna's rooftop is a nice setting, I assume they have ample heaters during winter, but just an assumption.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 06:48 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
We used to enjoy them a lot. They went through some tough times, and we ended up finding other Italian places we enjoy, but I would say this is probably a good fit as well. Moderately priced, upscale casual?

Lucky 32 is another in Cary. Not really quiet or dim, but once in there, they do a good job of making you feel like you're at your own private spot.

Also, many (!) more causal places like bars and pubs. I don't need to recommend them, there are many!

We like Sitti and Taverna Agora in DT Raleigh. See comments about Lucky 32 regarding quiet/dim. (Taverna's rooftop is a nice setting, I assume they have ample heaters during winter, but just an assumption.)

I think shedding onerous debt via bankruptcy a few years ago was good for Lugano.

And, we should get in there more often. Great house martini!

Old 01-05-2022, 07:30 AM

5,872 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
My last experience there was not good. It was very noisy and my ribeye looked like something you would get at WaffleHouse. My other experiences there were much better. We will go back, hoping it was just an off night for them (but I won't be getting the steak again).

Old 01-05-2022, 08:42 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
My last experience there was not good. It was very noisy and my ribeye looked like something you would get at WaffleHouse. My other experiences there were much better. We will go back, hoping it was just an off night for them (but I won't be getting the steak again).

Hey. One of my most "memorable" steak dinners came off the griddle at Waffle House.
Have to say, the ambience was not what the OP asked for.

And, I agree with the "noisy" at Lucky 32, too.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:30 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
if you show up when it opens, Stanbury in downtown Raleigh is awesome (walk-in only though)
quiet?

Old 01-05-2022, 03:32 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Bloomsbury Bistro is a good option as well. Bella Monica, if you're along the hall wall is much quieter than in the front of the house. When I've been Cafe Tiramisu in N Raleigh was quiet.

A more specific location of the meetup would be helpful.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:21 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udelslayer View Post
I second Stanbury. That is some darn good eats.

Poole's is another favorite, but its not quiet.
I love Poole's but it is one of the loudest restaurants.

Old 01-05-2022, 05:51 PM

8 posts, read 5,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Any particular area? Any particular cuisine?

When you say reasonable, what would your target be per entree?
Open to area, although somewhat prefer western side of Raleigh, Cary, Apex etc. Open to cuisine. Moderate price range.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:06 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
quiet?
alright maybe not on the weekends but weekdays can fall on the quiet "side"

Old 01-05-2022, 07:40 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I recently went to Perry's Steakhouse on Creedmoor Rd in Raleigh, and it was deelish! They serve more than just meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary