Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 04:19 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
LOL
Spoken by the reigning master of time-outs!
Takes one to know one, so to speak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 08:53 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
....and we're off.....

Old 01-09-2022, 09:25 PM

740 posts, read 472,187 times
dunno bout anyone else, but I read and re-read this thread, scratching my head, my tummy, ate a turkey sandwich... reading again... and thinking... am I dense... where did OP say anything about suing anyone?

Maybe I should start another thread, but if anyone has any recommendations for a neurologist-- outside of duke-- ? Elderly father can't get in before end of march, and is exhibiting signs of dementia... stabbing our hearts with a knife.

Last edited by herringbone; 01-09-2022 at 09:41 PM..

Old 01-10-2022, 05:13 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbone View Post
dunno bout anyone else, but I read and re-read this thread, scratching my head, my tummy, ate a turkey sandwich... reading again... and thinking... am I dense... where did OP say anything about suing anyone?

Maybe I should start another thread, but if anyone has any recommendations for a neurologist-- outside of duke-- ? Elderly father can't get in before end of march, and is exhibiting signs of dementia... stabbing our hearts with a knife.
Someone’s just trying to put their wife out of business. Carry on.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:51 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
NCObserver:. Thanks for derailing this thread to the point that my original and important question go lost in the traffic. Good job.

Ljd - thanks for the one answer that applied to my request.

Maybe I'll try the Charlotte board.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:42 PM

405 posts, read 316,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
you're not a lawyer and have NO IDEA what kind of case they have if they DO decide to sue (JKgourmet's husband, every time they go to said friend's house: "This here chair is unsteady, can I sit somewhere else?" Homeowner: "we know it's rickety but you sat there once when the 'Canes won so that's your chair now") Some....years....later.....(to paraphrase SpongeBob) down goes JK's husband who is an EGGSHELL (ask your wife about that). And all their friends say "he's been telling you for years that chair you make him sit in is rickety!"
Yawn. I have heard this story probably a million times. Except for the plaintiff being refered to as an EGGSHELL. Why did the "eggshell" keep sitting in the rickety chair knowing that it was dangerous ? Knowing that he had back issues ?

QUOTE=twingles;62668280]In my claims career I've explained more law to attorneys than I would care to think about. Just sayin'.[/quote]

Well, I am quite sure that you have ..... and they laugh every time. Just sayin'.

My point is that the OP needs to get a referral from a legitimate source rather than relying on random internet strangers. I don't doubt her concern in trying to help her husband.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
And, just to clear the air, we've had quite a few 2nd opinions that differed from the 1st. I've had the uncomfortable experience of having a physician admit to my face he made a mistake.

Ultimately, physicians are human. They make mistakes. So does God.
So - you are still looking for another second opinion ? Even though you have had quite a few other second opinions ? That's why I am so confused. I would recommend your calling the NC Medical Society, explain your concerns and they will try to give you some recommendations.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:56 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Observer View Post
So - you are still looking for another second opinion ? Even though you have had quite a few other second opinions ? That's why I am so confused. I would recommend your calling the NC Medical Society, explain your concerns and they will try to give you some recommendations.

You are brow beating the OP way too hard.
She did not say these second opinions are related to this instance.

Jeeze. Slow day in the amateur legal beagle realm?

Old 01-11-2022, 04:13 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
The only thing we all need to be worried about right now is NCObserver billing us all $250/hour every time he posts and we learn nothing new. Kind of like calling a lawyer.

Reading comprehension is a strong suit of most attorneys, though. But it doesn't rub off.

(and yeah when I explain Zone of Danger to an attorney, I bet he takes his cheap suit that drags on the ground back to office with the ripped couches in the waiting room and puffs up chest and regales his paralegal [mom]with his newfound knowledge and pretends he schooled me. BTDT seen it lived it).

Old 01-11-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The only thing we all need to be worried about right now is NCObserver billing us all $250/hour every time he posts and we learn nothing new. Kind of like calling a lawyer.

Reading comprehension is a strong suit of most attorneys, though. But it doesn't rub off.

(and yeah when I explain Zone of Danger to an attorney, I bet he takes his cheap suit that drags on the ground back to office with the ripped couches in the waiting room and puffs up chest and regales his paralegal [mom]with his newfound knowledge and pretends he schooled me. BTDT seen it lived it).
To Mike's point, I probably picked on the OP too much, primarily because I was very confused as to what they were trying to say. My apologizes and I hope that they find what they are looking for. I gave them a good recommendation, and I hope that they pursue it.

Don’t know why Twingles jumped into the fray. As a claims adjuster.

Regarding Twingles, I would suggest that she sticks to her day job as an insurance adjuster and quit acting like she graduated from a top 30 law school, passed the bar and is "schooling lawyers". (FWIW, most reputable law firms charge more in the $ 400.00 per hour range).

After 30 years of listening to my wife's bitching about all of the crazy stuff, I have learned a thing or two about the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary