Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 08:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,330,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
At a poker game in a friends home, a raggedy folding chair broke beneath him, landing his as$ on the cement floor.
Sorry I don't have any recommendations, but please ask your husband what hand he was holding in that poker game before the incident. I'm sure it was a Royal Flush and he will tell that story until it becomes legend!

Seriosuly though, I hope you get a solid second opinion and he has a speedy recover!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 08:34 AM

43,439 posts, read 77,401,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Sorry I don't have any recommendations, but please ask your husband what hand he was holding in that poker game before the incident. I'm sure it was a Royal Flush and he will tell that story until it becomes legend!

Seriosuly though, I hope you get a solid second opinion and he has a speedy recover!

Dang sure not Aces and Eights... Thoughts and Prayers.

Old 01-12-2022, 01:01 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,596,040 times
Dr Deol with Wake Ortho did some surgery on my back a few years back. Did a good job.

It's possible that different doctors would make different recommendations and even different calls on treatment once they are on the scene. Could the call made 8 years ago been made differently that resulted in a back that could survive the fall maybe, that is why you get a second opinion.

Old 01-12-2022, 01:17 PM

19,463 posts, read 27,964,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Dr Deol with Wake Ortho did some surgery on my back a few years back. Did a good job.

It's possible that different doctors would make different recommendations and even different calls on treatment once they are on the scene. Could the call made 8 years ago been made differently that resulted in a back that could survive the fall maybe, that is why you get a second opinion.
100% agree. Which is why we got a second opinion before the 1st surgery. Both agreed entirely, showing us the x-rays that clearly indicated the need. Both were confident that if he didn't have the surgery, there would eventually be nerve damage. We also had his ortho doctor look, and he said the same thing.

I'm confident that the prior surgery was necessary, and it turned out very well. UNTIL the effing broken chair. . .

PS He's 79 years old. In 10 years, he's had this back surgery, a knee and hip replacement, two femoral artery surgeries, and carpal tunnel fixes. He's not gonna be doing too well after ANY kind of fall. But he's a damn good poker player!

Old 01-13-2022, 06:27 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,372,412 times
Quote:
PS He's 79 years old. In 10 years, he's had this back surgery, a knee and hip replacement, two femoral artery surgeries, and carpal tunnel fixes. He's not gonna be doing too well after ANY kind of fall. But he's a damn good poker player!
You might want to keep an eye on his poker buddies (just kidding)

Old 01-13-2022, 09:50 PM

405 posts, read 320,275 times
Quote:
100% agree. Which is why we got a second opinion before the 1st surgery. Both agreed entirely, showing us the x-rays that clearly indicated the need. Both were confident that if he didn't have the surgery, there would eventually be nerve damage. We also had his ortho doctor look, and he said the same thing.

I'm confident that the prior surgery was necessary, and it turned out very well. UNTIL the effing broken chair. . .

I am very sorry for what you are going through. I did not realize that he was 79 years old. It seems that all of the doctors agreed that the first surgery was necessary, and it was apparently successful. That's why I am confused on the need for yet another opinion ? Duke Health is top notch IMO.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck. And, your husband sounds like one hell of a poker player !

Old 01-13-2022, 10:12 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,879,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Observer View Post
I am very sorry for what you are going through. I did not realize that he was 79 years old. It seems that all of the doctors agreed that the first surgery was necessary, and it was apparently successful. That's why I am confused on the need for yet another opinion ? Duke Health is top notch IMO.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck. And, your husband sounds like one hell of a poker player !
...and a lucky guy to have her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary