Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2022, 12:15 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,324,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
What is dishonest and lacking in integrity about moving to the district to meet the requirements of the position? As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, it is a common practice. If this is just a foot fault at the start while he is trying to relocate, big deal. If there is more going on, I’d like to hear it.
He lied on his application - I have no idea how you don't see the problem with that. He's not even living in the COUNTY. It's also a possibility that some board members knew very well he didn't live in the county, but still tried to give him the position.

It is not common practice for people to apply for positions for districts they don't live in, nevermind COUNTIES.

What do you think about this? https://www.wral.com/wake-candidate-...rict/19391964/

...so I assume since you didn't answer you don't have kids in WCPSS?

Old 01-22-2022, 12:25 PM

He has now withdrawn, blaming "concerns from a small group of citizens", and "personal attacks from someone close to him" (his wife).

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...257614123.html

Last edited by m378; 01-22-2022 at 12:42 PM..

Old 01-22-2022, 12:52 PM

1,343 posts, read 736,813 times
Becky Lew don't play

Old 01-22-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
Becky Lew don't play
smh

Old 01-22-2022, 01:58 PM

3,732 posts, read 2,073,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
Becky Lew don't play
She sure don’t. LOL

Old 01-22-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
She sure don’t. LOL
smh also

Old 01-22-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
smh also
Oh no! Not the dreaded m378 head shaking!! Pfffffttttt.
Attached Thumbnails
New WCPSS Board Member Failing To Prove He Lives in District He'll Be Representing-ce939c71-2088-4133-8b90-36afeef5d076.jpeg  

Old 01-22-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Oh no! Not the dreaded m378 head shaking!! Pfffffttttt.
I fail to understand making fun of someone who had the guts to stand up and expose something that was wrong.

This is like stuff you teach 5 year olds.

Man politics is nasty.

Old 01-22-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I fail to understand making fun of someone who had the guts to stand up and expose something that was wrong.

This is like stuff you teach 5 year olds.

Man politics is nasty.
Dude if you clutch your pearls any tighter they're going turn back into the original piece of sand.

Becky got her man. She seemingly exposed shady dealings conducted by the school board. Good for her. I am not sure that is courageous (guts to stand up? The intersection of Becky Lew's name and "spoke at WCPSS board meeting" shows this isn't exactly stepping out of her comfort zone). You make it sound like she saved 40 disabled people and 10 cats from a burning building.

Now forgive me if I continue to find both sides of this story questionable AF.

1. The board bending rules to allow someone to apply/interview outside their residence (yet apparently holding another applicant out for the same rule).
2. An estranged spouse coming out of the wood work.
3. A local business office manager somehow uncovers something that no one else did at any point in the process.
4. Local Education "celebrities" pumping her tires on social media at a time where, in districts across the country, school boards have literally become the tip of the spear of some bizarre battle over whether K-12 kids are going to learn about.....a college class?

Let's play the screenplay out. Woke County School Board (your term) wants an Education Consult who focuses on equity in education to fill an open spot on the board, presumably so they can be more woke...Woke to Infinity and beyond if you will. They ignore the residency requirement (or worse, worth back channels to get him into the district) for one dude but not another.

Then during the process, a just a wee little concerned parent, presumably doing her own research, that either no one else could or would do, cracks the case wide open that this guy can't be the member for this district and then, like a Christmas Miracle, many of the "Red Leaning" big names in education here start amplifying her on social media (even though her accounts are so private, said amplification doesn't achieve what "amplification" on social media is meant to achieve.)

Where does that net us? The school board gets egg all over their face (rightfully), precisely at a time when school board fights (over wokeness and CRT and masks and school closures) are boiling all around the country, and will almost certainly now be the fight here....and all this is cobbled together by some rando parent with the megaphone of bitter defeated candidates in the area?

If this were a movie script, people would be like "ya brah, that's a plant" like 4 minutes into the read.

As for the politics, my bias allies with the "woke faction", and I admit that faction seemingly acted in an unethical way and should pay whatever the proverbial price is for that. It seems your bias just wants to believe Becky just did this all on her own because there was wrong doing. I simply refuse to believe it isn't deeper than that.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:

As for the politics, my bias allies with the "woke faction", and I admit that faction seemingly acted in an unethical way and should pay whatever the proverbial price is for that. It seems your bias just wants to believe Becky just did this all on her own because there was wrong doing. I simply refuse to believe it isn't deeper than that.
What? I said earlier that Becky is just the one that spoke about it at the meeting. I am sure there were many many other people who looked into it and found the same discrepancies. She’s just the one that won the lottery to speak at the meeting. That’s why I find it childish to make fun of the woman for being the one that spoke out.

So you’re right it is much deeper than that. The root of the problem is a lot of people don’t trust this school board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary