Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 06:09 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,438 times

Advertisements

looking for advice here - currently live in Charlotte, have a 2nd interview with a company in Mooresville which will be a fantastic opportunity for me. More $$, well established company, well respected company, the employees are very satisfied with their jobs (i have a former co-worker who works there). If all goes well, I will relocate probably mid-March.

My current apartment will let me out of my lease with 60-day notice and some fees. But for at least 2 months I'll be paying double rent.

So, I'm looking for somewhere short term safe and cheap. I have 2 small dogs who will move with me. I don't want to go extended stay if I can avoid as I don't believe I can leave the dogs there alone during the day.

Any suggestions, options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 06:12 AM

341 posts, read 296,281 times
Why would you be paying double rent

Old 02-04-2022, 06:18 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
You mean Morrisville right? Not Mooresville? If the latter, you're in the wrong forum.

What's your definition of safe, and what's your definition of cheap? Finding both those things is usually not possible unless you want to live far from work.

This isn't a jab directly at the OP, but generally people who seem to be in a huge rush to move here. This is the 2nd Mooresville/Morrisville mixup in a couple weeks. I can't imagine moving somewhere and knowing so little about the place that I don't even know the town name.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:04 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,939,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
You mean Morrisville right? Not Mooresville? If the latter, you're in the wrong forum.

What's your definition of safe, and what's your definition of cheap? Finding both those things is usually not possible unless you want to live far from work.

This isn't a jab directly at the OP, but generally people who seem to be in a huge rush to move here. This is the 2nd Mooresville/Morrisville mixup in a couple weeks. I can't imagine moving somewhere and knowing so little about the place that I don't even know the town name.
Yeah, two Mooresville/Morrisville mixup in a couple weeks is not a coincidence (Gibbs Rules). Maybe it's the previous poster's alter ego?

Old 02-04-2022, 08:03 AM

Sorry Morrisville, I have a friend who lives in Mooresville and always confuse the names when typing them.

I am familiar with the area, I worked with a company that the Headquarters were in Morrisville and spent a lot of time there due to company meetings and training.

I will have to pay rent for the 2 months of my notice - hence double rent.

By safe I mean not the local cracktown area - I understand there's crime everywhere. I'd like to not have to worry about my car getting broken into or front door being kicked in. Cheap=$1000 range. Say a neighborhood you'd be okay with your sister living in, if you like your sister.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:09 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post

...Or don't require a fancy new apartment.

It wasn't THAT long ago that I rented a 2 bed ITB near Glenwood South at a price that no one believed. But it was very dated, replete with goldenrod appliances (but they worked) and no dishwasher. But it was clean and a great neighborhood.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:15 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,939,088 times
Anything close to RTP will be expensive. Not sure what's in Pittsboro, Sanford, etc. (chosen because of proximity to Morrisville and traffic).
Actually wonder if an AirBnB might be in your ballpark price?

Old 02-04-2022, 08:18 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
Unfortunately car break-ins are pretty common all over the Triangle, so that's just something you'll have to deal with. Lock your doors, and keep valuables out of site.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:29 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Not sure you're going to find something for $1000 that close to RTP, not even a studio. As someone said
1 an AirBNB might be best choice and
2 car break ins are common even in single family home neighborhoods. Lock your cars and don't leave valuables in plain sight. DD went out to her car at 10 pm. last night in her jammies to retrieve her backpack with laptop in it.
3- ask the company if you can work remote till your lease is up. Companies are desperate for qualified candidates and everything is negotiable.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:47 AM

Breakins are a part of life - and I never leave anything in my car except my shopping bags and a blanket for the dog to sit on. Just don't know the areas that are safer than having my car stolen, tires or catalytic converter taken. There is a neighborhood within 4/10's of a mile from my current apartment that is seriously crime central. My little complex is hidden behind some businesses and really not obvious. Its not the shiny new type - older and clean. Hoping for something like it. I am spoiled with a 15 minute commute and know that's not feasible in the Triangle.

I hadn't thought about AirBnB because of the dogs... May have to look into that. With the training schedule I anticipate, remote won't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary