Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 05:35 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times

Advertisements

Houses seem to sell crazy fast in the Winston Ridge community in Youngsville. I wonder why?

Could this video have something to do with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TzhBKlCPAQ

My wife thinks it's because retirees are drawn to the patio style homes there and they're the only demographic with the means to buy homes nowadays. Is she right? I certainly can't argue that houses there appear to be selling faster than many other rural communities I've looked at. What's the secret?

Last edited by Grizzmeister; 06-21-2019 at 05:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 05:58 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
I'm not sure what the appeal is. Maybe the proximity to Wake Forest without the traffic and congestion of Wake Forest?

Old 06-22-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I'm not sure what the appeal is. Maybe the proximity to Wake Forest without the traffic and congestion of Wake Forest?
Yeah, traveling through Wake Forest can be a nightmare now at certain times of the day. Things really got congested there when the Sam's Club opened and all those apartments went up around it.

Another thing that may be driving folks to consider Winston Ridge is probably the fact that semi custom homes are available. Many builders nowadays prefer to build spec homes but Winston Ridge offers a little more in the way of personalization.

I've driven through Winston Ridge many times and each visit makes it clear that it's essentially becoming a 55 and over community. It isn't really advertised as that, and that may not have been the intention when it was originally developed but that's what Winston Ridge has become. Given how quickly homes sell there... apparently that's not such a bad thing. In fact, if some sort of wellness center opens up nearby, it's quite likely that Winston Ridge will become the premier retirement community north of the Capital Blvd & Hwy 98 intersection.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:10 AM

311 posts, read 887,508 times
My parents bought a resell there last summer. They were looking for 1st floor living with bonus on the 2nd and WR did offer the most selection with sidewalks and gutters (yes, this was a priority for them). The location is great for getting into WF and even North Raleigh. They do fit the 55+ demographic but there are families there too. They are still waiting on the larger pool and additional amenities to be built by the developer. It seems to be long delayed (the current pool is tiny!).

Old 06-24-2019, 08:23 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,543,889 times
The neighborhood is really nice for what it is. Sumner Construction builds there, their houses are amazingly high quality for the price. Youngsville is getting really popular with folks that grew up in Wake Forest but have been pushed out due to high real estate prices. You'd be surprised by the number of new builds further and further outside of WF.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:38 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
My wife thinks it's because retirees are drawn to the patio style homes there and they're the only demographic with the means to buy homes nowadays. Is she right?
She needs to take a ride over to Cary and see all the 30-somethings buying half-a-million dollar cookie cutter homes.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:00 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
they've got 8 homes for sale - and 11 under contract - and half of those 8 are finished and can be moved in next week. They've sold a lot of homes over the past 12 months.and getting semi/quasi-custom work for under $150/sqft means Youngsville is still low-priced.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
The neighborhood is really nice for what it is. Sumner Construction builds there, their houses are amazingly high quality for the price. Youngsville is getting really popular with folks that grew up in Wake Forest but have been pushed out due to high real estate prices. You'd be surprised by the number of new builds further and further outside of WF.
I heard there were some quality issues in Winston Ridge a few years back but the builders who weren't providing a quality product eventually got pushed out. Now I'm reading mostly positive reviews from people who've bought there.

@BoBromhal - 11 houses under contract! That seems like a mighty impressive number given the size of the community.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:29 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,543,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I heard there were some quality issues in Winston Ridge a few years back but the builders who weren't providing a quality product eventually got pushed out. Now I'm reading mostly positive reviews from people who've bought there.

@BoBromhal - 11 houses under contract! That seems like a mighty impressive number given the size of the community.
I THINK (don't quote me) the neighborhood was started by another builder that ended up liquidating the rest of available land. The Sumner houses are high quality.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:19 PM

38 posts, read 67,974 times
The quality of the homes is fantastic, they're not the deal they used to be though, your paying $300k+ now for not much in the way of property for the area. The homes are VERY close together with not much in the way of yards. But if your not concerned with that the houses are definitely all very well and nicely built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary