Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 10:33 AM

43,457 posts, read 77,419,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdash View Post
curious...what if something like Mike said about mold in a cavity wall etc. was not disclosed on a disclosure statement or " no representation" was input on it and the buyer didn't do a home inspection before buying ...is the seller responsible to reimburse for the necessary repairs ,
can the buyer take legal recourse?
Know someone who recently bought a home only to find out an entire room had to be gutted due to issues from water damage.
Don't know if they had a home inspection done but have a feeling they didn't in order to make the winning offer over competitors ...the home sold very quickly.
I also have to think the seller knew about this issue, don't know how they couldn't have.
TarheelNick...what do you mean by "there are discussions as to how many PBs a BIC can actually supervise adequately."
I fail in interpreting acronyms at times.
( this was NOT a sale via OD but did go through a well established real estate company )
Welllll... You are talking in LawyerLand when you ask about the buyers' potential remedies.

I am not an attorney, and this is not legal counsel:
I think an attorney might say it would be necessary to confirm with evidence that the sellers knew about the issue when they failed to disclose.
I have a hunch the failure to inspect would not be an issue, since tearing into walls is not within typical activities expected of a home inspector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 06:15 PM

342 posts, read 321,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Welllll... You are talking in LawyerLand when you ask about the buyers' potential remedies.

I am not an attorney, and this is not legal counsel:
I think an attorney might say it would be necessary to confirm with evidence that the sellers knew about the issue when they failed to disclose.
I have a hunch the failure to inspect would not be an issue, since tearing into walls is not within typical activities expected of a home inspector.
gotcha, thanks Mike.
I've a pretty good hunch the walls would not have had to be tore into to discover the damage .
The way the situation was described to me it sounds pretty bad but this is their situation they must work through, was just asking for curiosity's sake on my part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: