Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 09:24 AM

5,459 posts, read 6,058,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
That is worse than passive-aggressive.
It is punishing someone who didn't make the policy.

Sounds to me like the OP should have just had an adult conversation, asking for the manager if the server couldn't make a proper decision.
Better to remove the tip on the CC and hand the server cash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 10:02 AM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Better to remove the tip on the CC and hand the server cash!

Always, yes.

Old 04-18-2022, 05:34 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,178,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
That is worse than passive-aggressive.
It is punishing someone who didn't make the policy.

Sounds to me like the OP should have just had an adult conversation, asking for the manager if the server couldn't make a proper decision.
Making the servers mad at the restaurant management will get more attention than having customers mad at them.

Old 04-18-2022, 05:44 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Making the servers mad at the restaurant management will get more attention than having customers mad at them.
Why punish the servers? Just don't patronize the restaurant. Let others know about the fees, and they likely won't as well. The restaurant will either change its policies, or a new restaurant will take its place.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:46 PM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Why punish the servers? Just don't patronize the restaurant. Let others know about the fees, and they likely won't as well. The restaurant will either change its policies, or a new restaurant will take its place.

I still think the best approach is to speak with the manager on duty.
The decision to gouge the customer was made far, far away from the food.
I take care of the people who handle my food.

Started with Evel Knievel at the food truck, when that feller told him, "I sassed a cook once. He spit in my eggs and tol me after I et 'em."

I hear It's the Law....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XlOBSX25o

Old 04-22-2022, 12:20 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,595,336 times
Speaking of steakhouses, I haven't gone yet but a few of my friend's have raved about Oak Steakhouse in downtown Raleigh. Definitely on my list of places to try sometime if you're looking for a Sullivan's alternative.

Old 04-23-2022, 07:10 PM

281 posts, read 187,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
having the server's restaurant get closed is a lot worse than shorting their tip and getting the server to advocate for the garbage fee to be removed

Old 04-24-2022, 07:21 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
having the server's restaurant get closed is a lot worse than shorting their tip and getting the server to advocate for the garbage fee to be removed
Hopefully, the restaurant changes its policies. But shorting servers to punish the restaurant likely won't have the desired effect.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:51 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,595,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
Not necessarily right now since everybody is desperate for employees. Wouldn't take long for a server to find a new job tbh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary