Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 07:22 AM

6,828 posts, read 9,091,555 times

Advertisements

I guess it's to be expected. There was very low turnout at the Brier Creek Community Center this morning. No line and very few people voting. I guess I didn't need to wear my diaper to stand in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 07:31 AM

43,457 posts, read 77,419,338 times
I just downloaded Sample ballots.
There is enough activity on the NC.gov site, it was very slow and crashed the first time I tried to access the ballot.

I hope that relates to voter interest, and not a crappy site.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:34 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,878,320 times
Haven't been yet; usually we do early voting but sadly, a primary in a midterm year will usually not have much turnout, despite the critical Senate seat up in NC. It's actually the first year we haven't early-voted in about a decade, so looking forward to going to our actual precinct today, right down the street!

Reminder to all that in NC, Unaffiliated voters can choose a Republican OR Democratic ballot in Primaries, whichever makes the most strategic sense.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:43 AM

22,727 posts, read 36,942,236 times
Went at 8 am to take DD for her first ever voting experience...no line and only a couple other people there.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:48 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,193,146 times
Most people in my precinct do early voting, so lines are not typical on Election Day.

Old 05-17-2022, 08:13 AM

6,662 posts, read 5,619,490 times
I was one of two people in my precinct this morning at 9 AM but I'm guessing a lot of people voted early

Old 05-17-2022, 09:03 AM

4,291 posts, read 4,744,081 times
I voted by mail. On my ballot there were only 6 contested elections. Whoever is chosen to represent the political party to which I belong, the real event comes in November. Turnout in the 10-20% range would not surprise me.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:34 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,954,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Haven't been yet; usually we do early voting but sadly, a primary in a midterm year will usually not have much turnout, despite the critical Senate seat up in NC. It's actually the first year we haven't early-voted in about a decade, so looking forward to going to our actual precinct today, right down the street!

Reminder to all that in NC, Unaffiliated voters can choose a Republican OR Democratic ballot in Primaries, whichever makes the most strategic sense.
I recently changed my voter registration for two reasons. The first was because I am tired of both parties and I also have beliefs on both sides of the fence. The next reason (especially now with all the extremists) was for strategic reasons. If I don't have any issues with the group of people running in one party but there clearly is a person in the other party that I strongly disagree with I will choose their party's ballot.

This year's primary is definitely one where I will be voting against and not for.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:37 AM

6,662 posts, read 5,619,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I recently changed my voter registration for two reasons. The first was because I am tired of both parties and I also have beliefs on both sides of the fence. The next reason (especially now with all the extremists) was for strategic reasons. If I don't have any issues with the group of people running in one party but there clearly is a person in the other party that I strongly disagree with I will choose their party's ballot.

This year's primary is definitely one where I will be voting against and not for.
I flip-flopped on voting against on one ballot vs. voting for on another ballot but I ended up choosing the "vote for" method because there were a few interesting county races (DA, sheriff) that I would have a bigger impact on that a statewide race with more voters.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:42 AM

6,411 posts, read 5,541,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post

I took this exact initiative in 2016 primaries and...well things didn't exactly play out the way I'd hoped (incidentally I also had to cast a provisional ballot that was apparently not counted anyways).

As I'm not in one of the heated congressional districts and the statewide/county-wide presumptive nominees are already a given; I'll admit I sat out primaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary