Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 10:23 AM

30,372 posts, read 23,840,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Can anyone explain what this means, or at least explain how this relates to the thread topic?
Maybe try again. Take some time to put 2 and 2 together.

Hmmm....sports academy around residential areas.

Hmmm...talking about a pool (ie: sports, not public) around a residential area, from personal experience.

HUH! I wonder what I was getting at there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 10:51 AM

4,313 posts, read 6,006,919 times
But you're talking about a large outdoor pool with potentially hundreds of users.

The proposed uses being talked about here are required to be indoors with a maximum of five customers.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:23 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,951,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
But you're talking about a large outdoor pool with potentially hundreds of users.

The proposed uses being talked about here are required to be indoors with a maximum of five customers.
But all it takes is that one person to be on a bull horn

I think my main issue is with the deletion of the following provision....

10. No equipment, vehicle or process may be used that creates excessive noise, vibration,
glare, fumes, odors, or electrical interference.

Could you imagine a nurse or other first responder that works night shifts and that specifically chose a quiet residential zoned home to now be faced with a possible martial arts or workout business (like some of the new one's sprouting up all over that blare their music and yell to get their members pumped up) next to you while you are trying to sleep? Or maybe a person with dementia or a Veteran with PTSD that has to be subjected to gosh knows what kinds of noises/vibrations during the day. And the deletion of fumes/odors.....

I also feel that the lack of a parking provision could cause issues. So many of the homes that could have a "Live Work" business would be areas that may already have parking issues.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:50 AM

6,828 posts, read 9,083,371 times
I am really upset that I misread the regulations and I CANNOT build a crematorium in my neighborhood.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:58 AM

936 posts, read 770,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Maybe try again. Take some time to put 2 and 2 together.

Hmmm....sports academy around residential areas.

Hmmm...talking about a pool (ie: sports, not public) around a residential area, from personal experience.

HUH! I wonder what I was getting at there!
Maybe try learning to write at something more than a third grade level. As pointed out, the ordinance restricts all uses to indoors, in single family residential zoning. If you are talking about a pool at an apartment complex, there is no equivalency.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:59 AM

6,659 posts, read 5,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I am really upset that I misread the regulations and I CANNOT build a crematorium in my neighborhood.
Delaying the start of Raleigh ghost tours!

Old 06-02-2022, 12:01 PM

4,313 posts, read 6,006,919 times
I don't know why noise would have even been in there in the first place. There are separate noise ordinances that aren't part of the UDO, with residential areas having the lowest limits.

Much of this stuff was already allowed anyway, but it only addressed happening within a single residential structure. Now you can have it in an ADU on the property.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:02 PM

936 posts, read 770,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post

I think my main issue is with the deletion of the following provision....

10. No equipment, vehicle or process may be used that creates excessive noise, vibration,
glare, fumes, odors, or electrical interference.
I would think thats because those types of issues are covered by other city ordinances, such as a noise ordinance.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:29 PM

6,828 posts, read 9,083,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Delaying the start of Raleigh ghost tours!
The body has to stay intact for the ghosts to come out. Burning the body gets rid of them. Or maybe that's vampires?

Old 06-02-2022, 12:46 PM

5,910 posts, read 7,004,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Could you imagine a nurse or other first responder that works night shifts and that specifically chose a quiet residential zoned home to now be faced with a possible martial arts or workout business (like some of the new one's sprouting up all over that blare their music and yell to get their members pumped up) next to you while you are trying to sleep?
They have plenty of other sleep disturbers to deal with. A nurse friend who used to work 12-hour night shifts said her worst time was when Jehovah's Witnesses came by the house. Her son answered the door and asked them to leave, but they would not take No for an answer - insisting on speaking with his Mom. She said she grabbed him by his tie and gave him a very stern lecture about waking up people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary