Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2023, 06:43 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times

Advertisements

PNC is just a cursed place for the Bruins now haha - 6 straight losses dating back to 2019.

Hurricanes are a super young AND physical team which is a tough matchup for the Bruins. Carolina shut down the Bruins tonight on the power play but the Bruins were also on the 4th game of a road trip and had played last night at Florida in overtime so some tired legs may have to do with that as well. Hopefully we get another 7 game playoff series this year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2023, 03:55 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
PNC is just a cursed place for the Bruins now haha - 6 straight losses dating back to 2019.

Hurricanes are a super young AND physical team which is a tough matchup for the Bruins. Carolina shut down the Bruins tonight on the power play but the Bruins were also on the 4th game of a road trip and had played last night at Florida in overtime so some tired legs may have to do with that as well. Hopefully we get another 7 game playoff series this year!
Bruins' forward group is average 29.6 years, with most of the stars well into their 30's. Canes average 27.8.
If they don't extend 26 y.o. Pastrnak, they will be older next year.
And they have several other pending UFAs.
Their window of opportunity for a cup gets foggier after this season.
And, they looked tired and out of sync last night, 3rd game in 4 days.

Bruins defense is actually 1.6 years younger than the Canes'. They only have one 30 year old D-man. Canes have 37 y.o. Burns and 31 y.o. De Haan.

Bruins have two very promising young goalies, where we brought two 33 y.o. guys.

Bruins problem is they are getting older in the forward group, and they don't have the prospect pool or low draft picks to restock.

It was delicious last night, watching the Canes stifle them, and seeing THEIR fans leave after Staal's empty net goal.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bruins
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/hurricanes

Old 01-30-2023, 09:17 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Bruins' forward group is average 29.6 years, with most of the stars well into their 30's. Canes average 27.8.
If they don't extend 26 y.o. Pastrnak, they will be older next year.
And they have several other pending UFAs.
Their window of opportunity for a cup gets foggier after this season.
And, they looked tired and out of sync last night, 3rd game in 4 days.

Bruins defense is actually 1.6 years younger than the Canes'. They only have one 30 year old D-man. Canes have 37 y.o. Burns and 31 y.o. De Haan.

Bruins have two very promising young goalies, where we brought two 33 y.o. guys.

Bruins problem is they are getting older in the forward group, and they don't have the prospect pool or low draft picks to restock.

It was delicious last night, watching the Canes stifle them, and seeing THEIR fans leave after Staal's empty net goal.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bruins
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/hurricanes
Haha I always stick around for the Storm Surge - I'm happy to pull for the Hurricanes when they aren't playing the Bruins, they're a super fun team to watch.

I always forget about how Burns is way up there in years and how young Swayman is.

Old 01-30-2023, 09:39 AM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Boston played the previous night and were tired, but still the Canes had to go out and win. And they did. All is well this morning

Old 01-30-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Boston played the previous night and were tired, but still the Canes had to go out and win. And they did. All is well this morning
Aging Boston Forwards may just run out of steam before April. "Built for the playoffs," but have to play all 82 to get there.

Sure we won last night, but so did Tampa on Thursday and Panthers on Saturday.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:33 PM

Amazing 3rd period comeback from 4-1 deficit, to an OT winner.

The Canes are gonna give people strokes and cardiac arrest.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:37 PM

422 posts, read 461,545 times
Could be the craziest 2 period swing of any hockey game I have attended. Place was near playoff frenzy levels at the end. What an emotional roller coaster.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:51 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake74 View Post
Could be the craziest 2 period swing of any hockey game I have attended. Place was near playoff frenzy levels at the end. What an emotional roller coaster.
I have the NHL app and kept getting notifications on my phone and was wondering what was going on as it just kept going off while I was shopping....

When I got home, suddenly the goal horn just kept going off on my phone. Followed eventually by two goal horns followed by the familiar ESPN jingle to confirm... CANES WIN!

Now I just need to get down to a game this year.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:54 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
That 2nd period was one of the worst periods I've seen from this team this season.

The 3rd and overtime? Among the best!

Old 01-31-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
That 2nd period was one of the worst periods I've seen from this team this season.

The 3rd and overtime? Among the best!
Wonder how many fans left early?
Someone in the FB Canes group said they saw a guy making his kids leave. "4-1. No way they are winning this one."
The kids were upset. I bet Pops hears about it for days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary