Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 12:07 PM

41 posts, read 83,088 times

Advertisements

I searched the forum and did not find much about this little neighborhood, which we are considering. I've visited, done one walkthrough, and read the covenants (exterior maintenance included etc). Are there any general thoughts or experiences on this neighborhood? It looks very nice now but it seems like the kind of neighborhood that if it went down it would go down fast. Are folks generally friendly?

Many thanks for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 12:24 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,268,228 times
I don't know much about the neighborhood, but it looks like there would be a fair amount of noise due to Rt 1 and Koka Booth being right there.

Old 09-19-2022, 12:56 PM

41 posts, read 83,088 times
Yeah you can definitely hear the traffic from the highway.

Old 09-19-2022, 01:02 PM

22,666 posts, read 36,779,658 times
I can't imagine going down for any reason....my office is in that general area and it just doesn't appeal to me.

Old 09-19-2022, 04:02 PM

4,545 posts, read 3,746,709 times
Which area in Renaissance or can you give a street example? There's some expensive houses in there also. I remember going for fun during Parade of Homes.

Old 09-19-2022, 04:42 PM

70 posts, read 52,667 times
Do you like overpriced housing as I would much rather be in Danbury than that place….

Old 09-19-2022, 05:19 PM

6,376 posts, read 5,489,331 times
I showed a couple houses on Angelica Circle in the cottages last week. One at about the midpoint of the street; and the other at the NW end cul-de-sac. US-1 "white noise" could be heard when outside at the first property and not particularly noticeably an annoyance; but the noise was a constant loud roar with louder vehicles coming by intermittently at a house at the end of Angelica that backed to US-1 (and powerlines. First house went under contract within 3 days; the latter is still active. Same floorplan.

Convenient location that, in general, can be expected to hold its value.....inferior lots (those backing to US-1 and in that general NW side of the neighborhood) notwithstanding.

Worth noting that the property lines there are a little funky and don't necessarily coincide with the fenced in yards. Not a huge deal as fences are maintained by the HOA...but can be confusing and raise eyebrows when a survey is done.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:21 PM

281 posts, read 187,342 times
when i googled "Renaissance At Regency Cary" it came up with a "cottages" area. is that what you're talking about?

It's right around the corner from a street named "Avenue of the Estates", which just screams pretentiousness, but there are people who get off on that kind of thing, too. The whole area seems very random to be so highly priced, when there are plenty of other places in Cary in a high price point without the nearby freeway noise. But it's Cary. You're "never" going to lose money on your home there.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:26 AM

528 posts, read 934,903 times
I’m surprised at the negative comments. The Regency area is one of the nicest in Cary (IMO much much nicer than generic Preston) and especially nice with walking access to Regency lake and Koka Booth amphitheater. We love the trees and nature - it’s a little oasis just minutes from Raleigh, Apex, and other parts of Cary.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:31 AM

43,275 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
when i googled "Renaissance At Regency Cary" it came up with a "cottages" area. is that what you're talking about?

It's right around the corner from a street named "Avenue of the Estates", which just screams pretentiousness, but there are people who get off on that kind of thing, too. The whole area seems very random to be so highly priced, when there are plenty of other places in Cary in a high price point without the nearby freeway noise. But it's Cary. You're "never" going to lose money on your home there.
The Cottages were intriguing before the 2009 crash, when Premiere Homes was pimping them out with higher end stuff, and sky-high prices.

Then ill-fated Forever/Not-For-Very-Long Homes watered down the product until they cratered.
Then Stanley Martin unleashed their cookie cutters to finish out.

Avenue of the Americas?
Some people need those houses, and the perception of pretense is just "it is what it is."

Want an eye-popper?
Slip down Ederlee a bit and tour Barrington... Whew...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary