Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 07:56 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Actually today I was in and out of a DMV DL office in 15 minutes... but in Smithfield.
Great, now you can get tacos AND Fried Chicken while renewing your license. I love calling NC Home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 10:55 AM

4,616 posts, read 6,451,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Great, now you can get tacos AND Fried Chicken while renewing your license. I love calling NC Home!
Lol

Old 10-02-2022, 01:33 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,628,973 times
They have some interesting sounding vegetarian options on their current location menus - if they bring at least a few of those here I'll be giving the restaurant a try for sure!

Old 10-02-2022, 06:11 PM

323 posts, read 259,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
My initial reaction.... not sure I'd want to frequent an eating establishment run by the DMV...you thought wait times at restaurants had gotten bad before!?!
Plus, you'd be required to have your tacos registered and inspected prior to consumption...

Old 10-02-2022, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 5,170 times
Quote:
My initial reaction.... not sure I'd want to frequent an eating establishment run by the DMV...you thought wait times at restaurants had gotten bad before!?!

(yes...I know what DMV stands for in this context don't @ me)
DMV - District (of Columbia), Maryland & Virginia. Replaced NoVa (northern Virginia) some time ago.

As near-native DMVer now here, Taco Bamba is a very good place. Essentially all take out so no restaurant waits. Great food...and that is from someone who is not fond of Mexican/Latin food.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:14 AM

281 posts, read 188,252 times
DMV? wth does that mean if not dept of motor vehicles? delmarva - delaware md va?
if the D is for DC, thats a new one on me, always thought the DC area was, you know, he DC area. NOVA and MD suburbs.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:15 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,808,823 times
DC, Maryland, Virginia

Old 10-06-2022, 12:22 PM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffent View Post
DMV - District (of Columbia), Maryland & Virginia. Replaced NoVa (northern Virginia) some time ago.

As near-native DMVer now here, Taco Bamba is a very good place. Essentially all take out so no restaurant waits. Great food...and that is from someone who is not fond of Mexican/Latin food.
I did not know that. I sure hope they do a better job than Shake Shack. I was so excited because of all the "DMV" buzz, only to eat a $30 sub-par chain-burger. Never again to the shake-shack.

Generally speaking, my favorite tacos are the ones that speak very little English, and serve meat, cilantro and onion, with a "fixin' bar" for the rest. Not to be negative, but I don't see myself trying them. Maybe....

Old 10-06-2022, 12:44 PM

6,385 posts, read 5,512,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I did not know that. I sure hope they do a better job than Shake Shack. I was so excited because of all the "DMV" buzz, only to eat a $30 sub-par chain-burger. Never again to the shake-shack.

Generally speaking, my favorite tacos are the ones that speak very little English, and serve meat, cilantro and onion, with a "fixin' bar" for the rest. Not to be negative, but I don't see myself trying them. Maybe....
Shake Shack was definitely a letdown. They originated in NYC though. Incidentally my first (excited!) time trying Shake Shack was on a trip to the DC area. Found the burgers overly greasy and under-flavored and the fries just OK. Have been a couple times since they opened the one in Cary and still the same. Not "Bad" per-se....but underwhelming considering the hype.

I still look forward to trying Taco Bamba though. I love a good taco place though and won't hold geographic-origins against any chain! That beings said; if the West Coast's beloved In-N-Out ever makes it over here....I've already been underwhelmed by them when visiting CA too. Their fries leave....a lot to be desired.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:55 PM

4,305 posts, read 5,998,741 times
Quote:
Their fries leave....a lot to be desired.
Gotta order 'em well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary