Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 12:00 PM

853 posts, read 591,331 times

Advertisements

For the inquisitive minds out there, here is a link to a site that scientifically describes the pink ring that results from cooking meats that are smoked. https://genuineideas.com/ArticlesInd...ringmoist.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2022, 12:22 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,063,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Saw comments where the lady was supposedly retaining a lawyer. Not sure what there is to sue about - maybe her being publicly embarrassed?
"Just the way I felt"

Holy chit what a line. We should put that on our money.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:22 PM

4,305 posts, read 5,998,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Saw comments where the lady was supposedly retaining a lawyer. Not sure what there is to sue about - maybe her being publicly embarrassed?
Yep, she's considering a civil suit. She's never seen pink barbecue in her life and she only got a single piece of free chicken as compensation, not the full dinner she expected.

https://www.wral.com/just-the-way-i-...tory/20554695/

Old 11-04-2022, 12:24 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,288,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgi Dad View Post
For the inquisitive minds out there, here is a link to a site that scientifically describes the pink ring that results from cooking meats that are smoked. https://genuineideas.com/ArticlesInd...ringmoist.html
It's not just the smoke ring though, the internal meat can be pink (and extra brown) as well right? I've admittedly been thrown off by it myself, but a quick Google was all it took.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:50 PM

22,683 posts, read 36,850,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
We live in literally the dumbest timeline. I thought for sure this was an Onion story.
This made me laugh so hard.

Of course, she wants to get an attorney because the dumbass police officer told her it was a civil matter and maybe she should sue. The stupid crap they tell people after car accidents is so similar. They have zero problem solving abilities. What they should do with people like this is arrest them for wasting police resources.

Wait till she goes to her first Chinese restaurant and gets pork fried rice.

This thread does not disappoint though. Just what I need after this week!

Old 11-04-2022, 01:38 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,545,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Should've called the cops over that poor excuse for mac n cheese and that slop/baby food what a sad looking plate.
I think that was corn & butterbeans.

Old 11-04-2022, 01:48 PM

4,305 posts, read 5,998,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think that was corn & butterbeans.
Not unless their corn and/or butterbeans are shaped like macaroni.

Old 11-04-2022, 02:10 PM

428 posts, read 225,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
The movie "Idiocracy" seems more and more like a premonition....
Or a documentary (sigh)

Old 11-04-2022, 02:39 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,063,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
This made me laugh so hard.

Of course, she wants to get an attorney because the dumbass police officer told her it was a civil matter and maybe she should sue. The stupid crap they tell people after car accidents is so similar. They have zero problem solving abilities. What they should do with people like this is arrest them for wasting police resources.

Wait till she goes to her first Chinese restaurant and gets pork fried rice.

This thread does not disappoint though. Just what I need after this week!
You can get a good look a T-Bone steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass....but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

Old 11-04-2022, 02:55 PM

1,330 posts, read 727,269 times
As absurd as it was for the customer to call the police, I can't help but think that a little better customer service might have prevented the situation from escalating. The owner sounded a little too smug and bit patronizing, in that southern passive aggressive kind of way, and by her own account, it sounds she was that way with the customer. The again, all the publicity is working for her, but I can't say that it makes me think highly of the business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary