Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,032 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to N.C. from long island, ny for a better quality of life. We have been researching Wake forest. Can anyone give more info to us. We come from an area where any store is right by us. Having 2 kids, moving concerns me. Can anyone comment on wake forest, catholic schools in the area, as well as grocery, retail stores in area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 04:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab1319 View Post
My husband and I are relocating to N.C. from long island, ny for a better quality of life. We have been researching Wake forest. Can anyone give more info to us. We come from an area where any store is right by us. Having 2 kids, moving concerns me. Can anyone comment on wake forest, catholic schools in the area, as well as grocery, retail stores in area?
It is easy to mis this feature, but I would do a search of this forum for similar posts since this question comes up often.

Here are the results of questions with Long Island in the subject line: Link

Here are the results of questions with Wake Forest in the subject line: Link

Old 08-10-2008, 08:30 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,578,451 times
We relocated from Long Island last year. While NRG is right in suggesting you search the forum I'll still throw some information your way.

Life is different down here in many ways. Wake Forest offers so much but it's different than LI. You have to drive further to get to things but you'll get used to it after a few months. Life is slower but in a good way. There's a different cadence to life overall but again, once you adjust it will become the new normal.

Grocery stores are better in my opinion (except Food Lion which is very much like King Kullen). I like Harris Teeter and my wife likes Kroeger. She loves Whole Food and still shops frequently at Trader Joe's. She thinks the retail landscape here blows Long Island away and she would know.

Regardless of what you may read on-line, it's cheaper to live here. Gas is cheaper, utilities are cheaper, home/auto insurance is cheaper, property taxes are way cheaper. People behave better around here as well. And you will absolutely not stick out because you're originally from the North.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:31 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab1319 View Post
Wake Forest started out as the bedroom community to North Raleigh. In the last 6 years, it has grown into a small town. It has plenty of grocery stores, Target, restaurants, etc. The Triangle Towne Center (mall) is about 10 minutes away. I have had several relocating families from Long Island settle in Wake Forest and they love it there. Once you get here, you'll see for yourself but feel free to ask any questions. That is what we are here for!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary