Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 05:55 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,979,189 times

Advertisements

1. Plenty of long timers in cary and the triangle who bought houses for cheap and low mortgages. Easily homes in Cary on sub 1k mortgages they've just been there for decades

2. Rich col transplants splashing in and consuming desirable places

3. The suckers who see 1 and 2 and think why not me but unfortunately get fleeced with home costs 50% + take home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2023, 09:24 AM

2,504 posts, read 3,545,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post
I can't see these prices to justify staying in Raleigh/Durham when you have to drive literally everywhere and there are no great malls, stores, or decent places to go. I am Raleigh native and moved/bought a condo in Falls Church City in 2021. Expensive and I have much less space than my townhome in Brier Creek but WORTH it!
The 2020s' market dynamics have compressed the price gap between metro DC and the Triangle. I live in a mid-century high-rise in central DC, where housing prices have been flat since 2020; I'd save almost nothing moving to a new rental in downtown Cary (where my brother lives). Factor in the cost of driving more, and the savings are really marginal.

Old 04-06-2023, 10:47 AM

181 posts, read 96,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post
The 2020s' market dynamics have compressed the price gap between metro DC and the Triangle. I live in a mid-century high-rise in central DC, where housing prices have been flat since 2020; I'd save almost nothing moving to a new rental in downtown Cary (where my brother lives). Factor in the cost of driving more, and the savings are really marginal.
A friend who lives in N. Bethesda told me that shortly after that pandemic started many moved out of D.C. to the burbs. More living space and for now little need to commute into the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary