Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2023, 08:35 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
I've already given my thoughts to the poster earlier on moving to Durham. You're the one who always comes into these posts with your neurotic obsession about crime lurking everywhere in the area. Just look at your posting history. Heck, you even started a Triangle crime thread because you didn't feel you were getting enough attention on the matter.

If you've posted anything positive on Durham, I have yet to see it. So given that, I and many others on this forum take everything you say about the city with a huge grain of salt, to say the least. And as I said before, it's tiresome to hear you on repeat about this subject.
Smh. This was my post:

Quote:
It all depends on what your definition of safe is, and what you're used to as far as levels of crime.

I would take a look at the crime statistics for a location that you consider safe, and compare it to where you're looking in Durham. Statistics should tell the story and you can make a decision based on that.
If you think that's neurotic then you need to look at yourself in the mirror and figure out why you even bothered replying to my comment.

If you want to argue, feel free to harass me in the general crime thread, not someone else's thread. Although the whole purpose of starting that thread was so that people like you could easily ignore it, so I'd rather you not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2023, 11:27 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
I'd advise you to do the same when it comes to your posts about Durham. Your bias against the city at every turn is well known here and just tiresome to read.
Any history notwithstanding, I though he gave a pretty reasonable response to the question.

To the OP: Every place has pros and cons. I know a lot of people (friends) who LOVE living in Durham. If you decide it's not for you, there are a lot of nearby communities within 20-30 minutes drive where you can commute from a place that is to your liking. If you want the job, I would find a way to make it work, there are many options.

Old 04-13-2023, 07:09 PM

873 posts, read 1,017,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post

If you think that's neurotic then you need to look at yourself in the mirror and figure out why you even bothered replying to my comment.

If you want to argue, feel free to harass me in the general crime thread, not someone else's thread. Although the whole purpose of starting that thread was so that people like you could easily ignore it, so I'd rather you not.
Oh don't worry, I've avoided your thread ever since I saw it and was unsurprised to find its devolution into paranoia and ignorance was even faster and worse than I expected. And all I ever get out of disagreeing with you is others on here upvoting my reputation for feeling the same way about your posts.

Getting back to the topic at hand, Encore at the Park has an excellent reputation and is part of the growing number of residential complexes on NC 55. You're in good driving distance to many amenities both chains and local (Tobacco Wood Brewing Company is a nice place to eat and drink), plus conveniently located to both I-885 and I-40, each about five minutes away. It's a solid location. You should be happy with your choice. Let us know what you end up doing in a followup post on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary