Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 09:14 AM

164 posts, read 111,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I was a die hard Verizon customer for many years and never even thought about switching to a different carrier. Then Verizon started jacking up their rates and were no longer cost competitive for my needs which forced me to shop around. I spent weeks researching carriers and pricing plans before I finally landed at T-Mobile. Verizon made some strategically bad business decisions and they aren't top dog anymore. They didn't care about working with me on a better pricing plan until I cancelled my service after 15+ years and then what they offered me to stay was too little too late.
We had Verizon when we moved to Pittsboro eighteen years ago. Reception was bad. I was told not enough towers in the area so switched to Sprint. That worked for a while and then that went downhill. So, switched back to Verizon. Not bad at first but went increasingly downhill over time. Now that we're in Mebane, time to check on another company. Hmm, T-mobile or AT&T? Decisions, decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 09:23 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmypets View Post
Thanks. Because of our daughter, I want to be sure that she has better service. More concerned with her satisfaction than ours, though us too of course. Being in Apex traveling to doctors in Chapel Hill and to us in Mebane. I kept hesitating to switch in the past, but looks like we may make the switch soon when the new scheduled release of iphones happen in September. Then maybe the older phones will be less expensive.
As long as your existing phones are compatible with whatever new carrier you choose there's really no need to wait unless you plan to make new phones part of the transfer package deal. I saved $132/mo switching my phones & Internet service to T-Mobile, so for me it was the sooner I switched the better. My phones are Motorola and not iphones but they serve our needs well. Nothing wrong with Apple products, but I've just never been one to jump on the iphone or Apple bandwagon.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:54 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
Google your preferred company and the word "breach". Something else to consider if you value your data security. 2 of the 3 have some interesting history of protecting your information.

Old 07-20-2023, 02:33 PM

164 posts, read 111,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Google your preferred company and the word "breach". Something else to consider if you value your data security. 2 of the 3 have some interesting history of protecting your information.
It seems they all have had data breaches. So how can anyone be protected? Time to go back to the old flip phones. I've never done Facebook, Instagram, or other social media. Did the Next-door app for years though not at this time. We can't go back in time without these smart phones or computers without living under a rock. We need a major hacker who can protect the good guys. Someone who can develop a fool proof way of protecting our privacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary