Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 09:18 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,292 times

Advertisements

They've closed off half of the parking lot and are digging up the pavement, which seems to indicate gas pumps may finally be going in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2023, 03:51 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,883,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
They've closed off half of the parking lot and are digging up the pavement, which seems to indicate gas pumps may finally be going in.

Well if they are it's about tine and I may join again if they do. I was a member for years but it really bugged me they had all that extra parking area but no gas pumps. I buy gas at BJ's now and used to have a Costco membership but the way they have their gas pumps set up is really dumb.

Old 07-28-2023, 06:30 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,942,014 times
We get our gas all the time at the Sam's Club in Wake Forest. I think they are the only club that offers diesel here.

It will be nice if they do put in gas pumps at the Raleigh location. That was so much wasted parking lot space.

Old 02-02-2024, 06:13 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,292 times
Got an email today indicating that the North Raleigh Sam's Clubs gas pumps are open for business.

Just in time for me, considering I'm now moving to downtown Raleigh. Doh!

Old 02-02-2024, 06:24 AM

5,837 posts, read 5,640,033 times
Quote:
Got an email today indicating that the North Raleigh Sam's Clubs gas pumps are open for business.

I'm about to go over there now just for the hell of it lmao. I live about 5½ miles away over in Crabtree, and I've religiously only used Sam's gas for years. I live 8½ miles from the one on the Southside and that's the one I've always gone to for gas, so glad this one is finally open!

Old 02-02-2024, 06:58 PM

Quote:

I'll see how they compare price wise with BJ's. Not a huge fan of that particular Sam's Club because they went down hill over the years. Every time I went there they had no apple pies - deal breaker for me.

Old 02-02-2024, 09:28 PM

238 posts, read 239,176 times
BJs is my preference for gas among the big 3 warehouse clubs. Costco is too busy, Sams locations are in the worst parts of Raleigh, but BJs is just right...

Old 02-03-2024, 05:38 AM

43,315 posts, read 77,154,614 times
If it matters, Costco Wholesale is the only club that offers Top Tier Gasoline.
BJs and Sams do not.

https://www.toptiergas.com/gasoline-brands/

Old 02-03-2024, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
BJs and Sams do not.

I think that's just a marketing gimic. Costco gets their gas from the same major distribution facilities as everyone else.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:10 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
BJs and Sams do not.

All gas that is received comes through the same pipelines from the refineries. Each company puts a certain amount of gas into a joint pool and retrieves the same amount at the disbursement site(s). The only difference in the gas available at different gas stations is the additives that are included, as well as whether additional ethanol is blended with the gasoline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary