Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2023, 08:47 AM

4,572 posts, read 3,775,376 times

Advertisements

Good.

And this dumb Mclamb thought it was a good idea to escalate whatever aggressive driving incident they had to follow the individual to a store parking lot and try to grab the handle and get inside? Aggressive driving leading to road rage is out of control everywhere and it cost this guy his life.

Old 08-06-2023, 11:37 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,290,431 times
Even Reddit agrees on this one.

Old 08-06-2023, 12:35 PM

13,287 posts, read 8,480,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think it is possible to kill someone without a weapon.
What if he was trying to strangle her ?

As noted above, it is easy to sit back, with lots of time, to say what we would have done. She had to react, and in this case, it worked out for her.
Thank you for your point of view. We each have them.
I attended a self defense course that primarily refrained from gun poppin as the resort for defense.
I asked if he was armed - I didn't say specifically a gun. Could have been a switchblade, a pipe , a rope to strangle. Details matter.

With her window up, her door locked, key in ignition. Hit drive and move. Yeah there is the stand your ground mentality. Mine is more , best to live another day and with the impact to deter the suspect.
Why must the go to for defense be death?
I zapped a guy once and he hit the ground long enough for my escape of the situation. Yes even in threatening times we can use other means to withdrawal from harm.

Old 08-06-2023, 12:45 PM

6,311 posts, read 4,214,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inner_outer_440 View Post
Road rage incident escalated to a life-or-death situation when the man involved followed a woman into the Food Lion parking lot and attempted to forcibly enter her vehicle. Raleigh PD not filing charges, citing that the shooting was consistent with the Castle Doctrine laws in NC.

Thoughts?

Source: https://www.wral.com/story/it-s-scar...ings/20981325/
The fact he followed her into a parking lot and tried to get into her car is intent to do her harm. Had he managed to get in she may not have been able to protect herself .

Old 08-06-2023, 12:52 PM

50,461 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Ooh, tough one.

You are not in imminent danger sitting in a closed and locked car, but you will have no time to react if the door is yanked open.

I am really on the fence with this one. It feels like a bad shoot because the door was locked and the window was intact, but I really can't tell the violence with which the man was attacking her door. It could have been justified.

I am glad I don't have to make the call on this shoot. I would need video to decide either way. Did he grab her door handle and just shout at her or was he beating hell out of the window while yanking on the handle like a wild man?

With nothing to go by, I would have to say, "no prosecution/good shoot" but I am not really comfortable making a call either way with what is in the article. Your car is your "castle" but you really have to be in fear for your life, not just rattled. I kind of wish she had just scooted over and brandished the gun, hoping he backed off. If the window broke or the door came open, then yes fire away.

This one is a toughie for me.
Ya same, but whoever is nutz enough to want to rip you out of your car? Surprised he didn't just ram her car first.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:13 PM

2,219 posts, read 2,946,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Surprised he didn't just ram her car first.
Maybe he has been stalking her. The fact that he parked far away and walked up to her car makes me believe that he was trying to "surprise" her and catch her off guard.

Is it just a coincidence that his trial was coming up in 2 weeks for his "assault on a female" and "strangulation" charge??? If I was a betting person, I would bet that the woman that was involved was a victim of his in the past and possibly the victim in that case. She probably feared for her life every day especially since he violated the protective order that was in place and also violated his pretrial release requirements twice. This scenario makes way more sense to me especially since the police and DA let her go so quickly with no charges. They KNEW the history of this man!

If it wasn't her then this woman saved not only herself but his previous and future victim(s). She eliminated a threat on her life as well as these others. It's sad though that whoever she is she still will be haunted with this is whole situation. I hope at some point she can be at peace.

Old 08-06-2023, 03:42 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,157,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusxiv View Post
It appears that the perpetrator is listed as a victim of "gun violence":

https://gunmemorial.org/2023/08/01/steven-mclamb
I get sick of such crybabies. They live in ivory towers and have lost touch with reality; if they ever had it to begin with.

Old 08-06-2023, 03:47 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,157,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thank you for your point of view. We each have them.
I attended a self defense course that primarily refrained from gun poppin as the resort for defense.
I asked if he was armed - I didn't say specifically a gun. Could have been a switchblade, a pipe , a rope to strangle. Details matter.

With her window up, her door locked, key in ignition. Hit drive and move. Yeah there is the stand your ground mentality. Mine is more , best to live another day and with the impact to deter the suspect.
Why must the go to for defense be death?
I zapped a guy once and he hit the ground long enough for my escape of the situation. Yes even in threatening times we can use other means to withdrawal from harm.
He had already followed her to the parking lot. She took care of it once and for all. Sorry that scumbag wasted his life but that was all his doing. If he hadn't started this fight, he would still be alive.

Old 08-06-2023, 04:05 PM

6,057 posts, read 3,777,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusxiv View Post
It appears that the perpetrator is listed as a victim of "gun violence":

https://gunmemorial.org/2023/08/01/steven-mclamb
Not surprising at all. The "anti-gun" folks will go to any length to distort the truth in an attempt to gain support for more restrictions on lawful gun owners. If they have to distort facts or even outright lie about something, well, that's just what they do.

Old 08-06-2023, 08:59 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,305,751 times
I read on ABC-11s FB page that she attempted to flee after she shot him. Maybe ESH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: