Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2023, 09:59 PM

10,719 posts, read 5,658,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Was he armed?

Most here recall the family father that shot thru his own door at his daughters boyfriend. He, standing outside, rattling the door knob.

I disagreed with that decision to murder when the family was not in eminent danger.

Same with the teens shot going to a door asking directions or to pick up there kin.

So without knowing the weapontry of the now deceased man, I tend to leave some leeway that this may not have been a legitimate killshot.
Can still be a good shoot if the deceased were unarmed.

Old 08-07-2023, 02:45 AM

788 posts, read 784,160 times
Seems easy for some posters to find fault with how this lady acted. Hope you never find yourself pushed to your limits just to know for sure how you would deal with the same situation .

I find no fault with how this lady delt with her scarry road rage problem with what I can find to read .

To easy for some to think there's always and safe way out when there may not be so be prepared and hope you never need to find out how you would have reacted as it might be you on the ground dead at the hands of some road ragger.

Old 08-07-2023, 05:50 AM

3,234 posts, read 3,189,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Seems easy for some posters to find fault with how this lady acted. Hope you never find yourself pushed to your limits just to know for sure how you would deal with the same situation .

I find no fault with how this lady delt with her scarry road rage problem with what I can find to read .

To easy for some to think there's always and safe way out when there may not be so be prepared and hope you never need to find out how you would have reacted as it might be you on the ground dead at the hands of some road ragger.
Exactly. God forbid if I ever go to court, don’t give me a trial by jury. I’ll take my chance with a judge.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:59 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,297,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalypsoNotch View Post
Good for her. Great shooting. Another pos off the street too
She might have done what she had to do (if the evidence bores that out, see XZZY's response), and if that's the case, I support her right to defend herself.

But it's never great to celebrate death. Guess you don't believe in our justice system or a right to a trial. Sometimes it's not possible, this might be a case. But to celebrate punishment by death, with no trial? That's unAmerican IMO.

I'm glad the lady is safe, and like I said, she probably did what she had to do. If that's the case, I don't blame her.

Old 08-07-2023, 08:04 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inner_outer_440 View Post
Road rage incident escalated to a life-or-death situation when the man involved followed a woman into the Food Lion parking lot and attempted to forcibly enter her vehicle. Raleigh PD not filing charges, citing that the shooting was consistent with the Castle Doctrine laws in NC.

Thoughts?

Source: https://www.wral.com/story/it-s-scar...ings/20981325/
I am with her 100%.

Old 08-07-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I don't understand how anyone is even near the fence on this one. Easy call to make.
Agreed. If that was your daughter and some POS was after her and tried to get in her car, you'd be pretty damn happy if she was actually able to defend herself.

Old 08-07-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Anyone who follows me aggressively will be led to the front door of police department headquarters, not to the grocery store parking lot.
If he needs to be shot there will be plenty of people there who can do it for me.
I'm not sure I would have the presence of mind to actually figure out where the nearest police station was. In fact I know I wouldn't. I'd be looking for a public place with lots of people.

Old 08-07-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Was he armed?

Most here recall the family father that shot thru his own door at his daughters boyfriend. He, standing outside, rattling the door knob.

I disagreed with that decision to murder when the family was not in eminent danger.

Same with the teens shot going to a door asking directions or to pick up there kin.

So without knowing the weapontry of the now deceased man, I tend to leave some leeway that this may not have been a legitimate killshot.
Who cares if he was armed? Are you serious????

Old 08-07-2023, 08:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inner_outer_440 View Post
Road rage incident escalated to a life-or-death situation when the man involved followed a woman into the Food Lion parking lot and attempted to forcibly enter her vehicle. Raleigh PD not filing charges, citing that the shooting was consistent with the Castle Doctrine laws in NC.

Thoughts?

Source: https://www.wral.com/story/it-s-scar...ings/20981325/
Once her suspicions of being followed were proven to be true when dude started banging on her car, all bets were off and she did the action that gave her the best chance of making sure she stayed alive. This would NOT be a well informed use of public resources to try and prosecute her.

Old 08-07-2023, 09:41 AM

11,431 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya same, but whoever is nutz enough to want to rip you out of your car? Surprised he didn't just ram her car first.
A violent temper makes people lose all control and behave impulsively and irrationally. Logic goes out the window when a temper flares, and thinking reverts back to cave man impulse.

We make a lot of mistakes losing our tempers that we would not make calmly thinking about things.

Those of us with good powers of reasoning and mild tempers, don't tend to act rash that often. People with explosive tempers always going off, cause a lot of trouble and get into a lot of trouble, and can face serious risks.

Don't even get me started if the person is impulsive by nature as well, with little impulse control generally, AND THEN add a violent temper. That is a walking time bomb. You want to keep a great distance.

Neither of us asked to be born with our "nature". You can see twins in a crib and one is calm and one has a violent temper. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: