Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2023, 07:17 PM

3 posts, read 1,728 times

Advertisements

Dear all,
We just moved to Cary and our base school is Swift Creek Elementary.

Can you please give me your feedback about this school? How is the community? How do you like the school? The teachers? Are the kids happy? How about academically?

I’m especially nervous after I heard that the school will be moving to a temporary location in Garner, while the current building will be demolished and rebuilt. Does anyone have any feedback about the new location in Garner? And how it’s received by the parents and staff?

I will appreciate any info you can provide me with.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 06:59 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,779,658 times
My sister is a teacher and belongs to a WCPSS employee FB group. I'm not on FB and use her account when she wants me to look at things....so I've seen postings from this group. From an employee perspective they are generally happy there.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:53 PM

Thanks a lot!

Old 08-14-2023, 11:41 AM

281 posts, read 187,342 times
my kids went to Swift Creek, they liked it. One year at some other location won't be a big deal. Wake County is always moving people around, so it likely may happen again sometime before they graduate from Athens eventually. Welcome to the area.

PS It's too bad they don't just build on the land across the street from Swift Creek that the school system bought a couple years ago. I think they plan to use it for offices eventually, but seems like it'd be easier if they'd keep Swift Creek open and build next door, then demolish the old school and move the kids across the street. Then demolish the old school and have it be ready for whatever office plans they bought the 4-5 residences for that now sit as empty lots next door.

Old 08-14-2023, 06:18 PM

Wow! Thanks a lot for the info. Yes I wish they built across the street. My son is just starting first grade and I don’t want him to have to change campus mid year. I know kids adjust eventually, but we’ve been moving a lot and I want him to finally have some “stability”.
If they start building January 2024, it will take them 2 school years to finish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary