Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 05:43 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,139,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post
WE are looking for housing that we can afford. Selling our home here and want to be able to just buy a home there with no mortgage. We live in a very small house here and not the big homes most people think of when thinking of Long Island. Thankfully my DH has decided moving is right for us now so we are both on board with a move.

Have you considered a townhouse? I have one neighbor in her 70s that moved from NYC to NC (townhome in Brier Creek area.) She lived in the city her entire adult life and has adapted well (some ability to walk to stores/restaurants, close to medical services, several gyms in the area that offer Silver Sneakers program, etc.). Price point and healthcare were a priority in her decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 06:00 AM

3,452 posts, read 2,846,047 times
Would you consider Zebulon? It's only 30 minutes from Selma (I just made the drive yesterday). There are brand new townhomes being built off 96 that start at $300k. It's a short drive from Zebulon to Raleigh, also. When I lived there, I was about 20 minutes out of town, by choice, and would go to Raleigh or Wake Forest for most of my needs, but could also make the drive to North Raleigh in 30 minutes or less.

Old 10-30-2023, 06:31 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,744,068 times
Selma is a great place to move if you want to give up hope on life and accelerate aging to death quickly. I wouldn't want to spend my remaining years on this planet in Selma. That's just me though... maybe you'll like it? Have you visited Selma?

Old 10-30-2023, 07:06 AM

22,739 posts, read 36,990,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I'm with Twingles. Not originally from LI but lived there for a number of years. Would not move to Selma. Perhaps check out areas like Creedmoor, Youngsville, Franklinton? There may be areas in Durham as well that will have what you are looking for.
Agree. Plenty of better, not so expensive options.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:52 AM

384 posts, read 668,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
Have you considered a townhouse? I have one neighbor in her 70s that moved from NYC to NC (townhome in Brier Creek area.) She lived in the city her entire adult life and has adapted well (some ability to walk to stores/restaurants, close to medical services, several gyms in the area that offer Silver Sneakers program, etc.). Price point and healthcare were a priority in her decision.

Not looking for a townhouse. Don't like that type of housing plus we have 2 dogs. Will look at other areas as suggested. Thank you for all the answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary