Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 06:30 PM

55 posts, read 88,564 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone,

I'm facing another inverter issue with my Kitchenaid microwave, marking the fourth occurrence in the last 6.5 years. Although I've relied on the Kitchenaid authorized service company for the initial three instances, it appears they haven't effectively resolved the problem. Additionally, their service quality and attitude leave much to be desired, as echoed by other customers on Google and Yelp...(There was even an incident where a technician dropped a plier on the wooden floor, leaving a big dent right in front of me, and he acted as if nothing happened)

Anyway, I'm now seeking recommendations for an appliance service in the Cary/Apex area that specializes in Kitchenaid microwaves. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2023, 06:53 PM

13,079 posts, read 7,554,563 times
You gotta understand the manufacturing of stuff.
For stuff that has a lot of components (pieces), each component must be accumulated until all the pieces are ready to be assembled into subassemblies and then to the finished product.
For each component and assembly process, there is a reliability factor. So that if one item has a relatively low reliability, the product will probably fail at that component....Resulting in a product "Recall," warranty issue, poor quality reputation, or just "worn out."

Get another brand. But a brand doesn't guarantee better since MW manufacturing is very mature and performed in just a few places (assumption).

Old 11-26-2023, 07:28 PM

4,178 posts, read 4,893,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoplim View Post
Greetings everyone,

I'm facing another inverter issue with my Kitchenaid microwave, marking the fourth occurrence in the last 6.5 years. Although I've relied on the Kitchenaid authorized service company for the initial three instances, it appears they haven't effectively resolved the problem. Additionally, their service quality and attitude leave much to be desired, as echoed by other customers on Google and Yelp...(There was even an incident where a technician dropped a plier on the wooden floor, leaving a big dent right in front of me, and he acted as if nothing happened)

Anyway, I'm now seeking recommendations for an appliance service in the Cary/Apex area that specializes in Kitchenaid microwaves. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

In general appliances just aren't built to last these days like they used to be. Some models are prone to failure due to bad design or poor quality parts that only last for a few years. If your microwave is 6.5 years old then it's out of warranty so you would be better off investing in a new microwave instead of throwing more money at repairs only to have it break again. But if you really want to get it repaired then call Garner Appliance & Mattress.

Old 11-27-2023, 06:39 AM

5,349 posts, read 3,231,902 times
Just my two cents but if it's out of warranty I would imagine you're going to spend about the same amount of money to repair versus just buying a new microwave.

Any reason you have to stick with this particular one? Just curious.

Old 11-27-2023, 07:10 AM

4,572 posts, read 3,775,376 times
Mr. Appliance of Cary has repaired our Kitchenaid microwave (it's that microwave/oven combo) and also did a great job for others around the area. I would call them to see if it's repairable.

Old 11-27-2023, 07:46 AM

19,449 posts, read 27,893,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Mr. Appliance of Cary has repaired our Kitchenaid microwave (it's that microwave/oven combo) and also did a great job for others around the area. I would call them to see if it's repairable.
We've also used Mr Appliance of Cary. When their technician made a mistake, they were honest and professional. I'd use them again.

That said, if I had a 6.5 yr old broken microwave, I'd probably be buying a new one online at A J Madison and calling Mr Appliance of Cary to install it.

(Note that my comments are about Mr Appliance OF CARY, not the other locations. It's a franchise operation.)

Old 11-27-2023, 09:12 AM

4,268 posts, read 4,726,271 times
Bite the bullet and replace it.

Old 11-27-2023, 01:02 PM

43,359 posts, read 77,240,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Bite the bullet and replace it.
Yep. With another brand!

Old 11-28-2023, 05:57 AM

17,379 posts, read 22,137,311 times
A. Who fixes a microwave 4 times?

B. What is your time worth?

C. Google microwave for sale = banner row shows $59-199 for prices

Old 11-28-2023, 06:06 AM

43,359 posts, read 77,240,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
A. Who fixes a microwave 4 times?

B. What is your time worth?

C. Google microwave for sale = banner row shows $59-199 for prices
Well, not if you are a KitchenAid fan.
Starting money is in the $500 range.
Runs up to as high as $2000+ for a built-in.

Me?
I have a microwave alcove in the cabinet and if my 9-year-old $79 microwave croaks, I can put another one in place in about 90 minutes, including the run to Lowes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary