Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 03:04 PM

360 posts, read 223,159 times

Advertisements

I thought Whataburger was just ok when I was in Texas. I indulged on killer BBQ and Tex-Mex, so I was underwhelmed with what is just another frozen fast food burger.

I would appreciate it as an option where the PDQ used to be on High House & Davis in Cary. I work in the area and aside from the Bojangles, there aren't many affordable lunch spots around. A quick service restaurant that isn't Indian or Asian will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 06:55 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
I thought Whataburger was just ok when I was in Texas. I indulged on killer BBQ and Tex-Mex, so I was underwhelmed with what is just another frozen fast food burger.

I would appreciate it as an option where the PDQ used to be on High House & Davis in Cary. I work in the area and aside from the Bojangles, there aren't many affordable lunch spots around. A quick service restaurant that isn't Indian or Asian will be greatly appreciated.
Not exactly what you are looking for, but here are a few options:

HT has great subs at a great price anyday
They also have Sushi Friday, that is "not bad"
I know you mentioned " that isn't Asian", but there is H-Mart, with many options
Publix has great subs too, and fried chicken if that is your thing.
Couple good places just down the road at High House and Cary Pkwy:
Skrimp Shak, Jersey Mikes, Lowes Food, Breuggers, LaFarm, etc.
McD's
Go the other way and there are places at High House and 55
Or up on Davis and Morrisville Pkwy area (I can't recall all the places, but there are a few, including a new Woody's sports bar, Acme Pizza, etc.

I too was not overwhelmed by Whataburger, but it was a fun novelty and a decent option when ripping through IAH airport. But yeah, BBQ (or so they call it) and/or Cajun are my go-to's in Texas.

Old 03-27-2024, 07:55 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Harris Teeter subs are made with Boars head quality meat and last week the foot long was on sale for $5.99. This week they are at $6.99. Also their baked chicken, fried chicken, and rotisserie chicken is good and rotates on sale at $6.99 from week to week and sometimes even $5.99. Always cheaper than Publix and definitely cheaper than Bojangles or Popeyes.

Old 04-01-2024, 02:59 PM

360 posts, read 223,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not exactly what you are looking for, but here are a few options:

HT has great subs at a great price anyday
They also have Sushi Friday, that is "not bad"
I know you mentioned " that isn't Asian", but there is H-Mart, with many options
Publix has great subs too, and fried chicken if that is your thing.
Couple good places just down the road at High House and Cary Pkwy:
Skrimp Shak, Jersey Mikes, Lowes Food, Breuggers, LaFarm, etc.
McD's
Go the other way and there are places at High House and 55
Or up on Davis and Morrisville Pkwy area (I can't recall all the places, but there are a few, including a new Woody's sports bar, Acme Pizza, etc.

I too was not overwhelmed by Whataburger, but it was a fun novelty and a decent option when ripping through IAH airport. But yeah, BBQ (or so they call it) and/or Cajun are my go-to's in Texas.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have definitely taken advantage of the subs and sushi at Harris Teeter although I'm not impressed with either. I do intend to eat at H-Mart at the Hot Pot restaurant but not for a workplace lunch.

Are there any food trucks, ideally Mexican, in this area? The closest I've found is off Hwy 55 in Downtown Apex. There was also one down by the Local Bar, but that property just sold and the bar closed down, so I doubt the food truck will be there any longer. In Chapel Hill & Carrboro we have more than I can count. All the Mexican spots close-by are dine-in.

There's definitely some decent restaurants around here, they're just mostly sit down and in the $15-20 range which is more than I normally spend. Johnny's is my go-to for Pizza. Apex Wings is good too, though a bit far from my office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary