Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,511 times

Advertisements

Hi !

I am having a horrible pain in my teeth and need to find a dentist here in Durham that will take me ASAP or a place that will take me on for an emergency that does not cost a lot (I do have MetLife insurance to cover dental) I have already seen a dentist but, he referred me to an oral surgeon because I could not take the pain of the extractions... Now I am on a wait until July 31st and I do not think I can take the pain anymore!!!! It's awful!! I would like to find a dentist that uses some other method of numbing me other than the needle way, that doesnt seem to work ...hints why I need an oral surgeon... but, willing to see anyone that can help! please and thanks so much.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 AM

847 posts, read 3,522,707 times
I don't know about an oral surgeon, but I have seen Dinah Vice's office in Chapel Hill when I had some tooth pain, and they solved the problem quickly and gently. I think they even advertise pain-free care or similar. They have a location at Southpoint now.

Sunrise Dental, Dinah B. Vice, DDS & Associates - General & Cosmetic Dentistry

Old 07-08-2008, 06:18 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Why not call the oral surgeon and explain the pain.

They may be able to bump up your appointment.

My son needed an oral surgeon for extraction of wisdom teeth. They got him in within a week even though he wasn't in great pain.

If insurance is an issue, see if the insurer can steer you to a surgeon with openings.

There's also the Bubba way. Have a few good shots of Southern Comfort before letting your regular dentist do it with injected anesthesia. If so, be sure someone else drives. Your dentist can also prescribe a pill sedative for you to take before coming to your appointment, You may not need an oral surgeon.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 PM

321 posts, read 1,577,279 times
I use triangle dental Research Triangle Dental - Now Accepting New Patients!
My husband used an oral surgeon for his wisdom teeth and I know the wait wasn't that long. I don't remember what they were called but he was referred there by rt dental so they can tell you who they use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary