Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 AM

113 posts, read 436,906 times

Advertisements

Greek Fiesta has been mentioned - but I just wanted to reiterate. It's in the main drag on Western where Papa Lou's used to be (and Miami Subs before that) - in the parking lot where the Food Lion and Big Lots are. Very nice healthy food - and a great Greek salad.

Obviously Char Grill and Snoopy's are right there on Hillsborough Street. And don't forget Jade Garden - the Chinese restaurant on Hillsborough Street just before the Morgan Street extension. It's my go-to place whenever my daughter is at the YMCA.

Someone earlier mentioned Neomonde and that is definitely worth checking out. It's off Beryl Road - which is sort of behind Waffle House, across from Meredith College. They have the best felafel in town - as well as lots of delicious, home-cooked, hot and cold food to eat in or take away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM

140 posts, read 1,654,955 times
Cook Out - love that joint! Must check out their "tray deal"! I think it is the best fast food value around.

• Burger
  • Fries, large helping
  • Corn Dog
  • Huge Sweet Tea
All for about $4, I think.

But the cool thing is that you can mix and match. The above is just what I get. My friend likes to mix in the hushpuppies, slaw, and/or onion rings instead.

Their shakes, of which they have a large variety, are terrific, too.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM

If you feel like calling ahead, Pei Wei Asian Diner (near Walnut and Maynard... 337-0050) has some amazing take out.

Family Favs:
  • Honey Crisp Chicken with white rice
  • Kung Pao Chicken with white rice
  • Lettuce Wraps
And their Mongolian Beef is the only of it's kind I've had in a chinese restaurant that wasn't chewing gum. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited by hurricanedavid; 08-01-2008 at 09:08 AM..

Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 AM

Japan Express (460-8866... I have their number in my cell!) is on the NE corner of Harrison Ave & Maynard (north end of Cary). We used to eat there a couple of times a week, till we moved farther away.

Food is ready in about 12-15 mins.

Fried rice is great. I like the Hibachi Shrimp, my wife the Hibachi Chicken.

Their mustard sauce is very strong, so to smooth out the flavor I'd put a little dollop of the white sauce in the container first, then top it off with the mustard sauce. I'd guess the ratio was about 1:5. This sauce is awesome with the steak, chicken, and shrimp IMHO.

Their crab rangoons are different shape than most in my experience. Taste is really great, but shape is like a little egg roll. The wonton skin they use to wrap them is very thin, which makes them light and crispy (I salivate). You get two per order, but they're stuffed full.

No drive up, so you'd have to go in and pick it up.

Their sushi... not so good. I think they prepare it too far in advance, so it loses it's flavor, moisture, and texture.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:16 AM

Red Robin is in Crossroads, which is just down Buck Jones Rd. 919-854-5415.

Their huge studly burgers make for good carry out. And when they've made a mistake, they have always been great at giving us a free burger gift card. Very good service.

Again, no drive up... sorry. But I think the food is worth the walk in.

Map...
Google Maps

Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,387,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedavid View Post
If you feel like calling ahead, Pei Wei Asian Diner (near Walnut and Maynard... 337-0050) has some amazing take out.

Family Favs:
  • Honey Crisp Chicken with white rice
  • Kung Pao Chicken with white rice
  • Lettuce Wraps
And their Mongolian Beef is the only of it's kind I've had in a chinese restaurant that wasn't chewing gum. I really enjoyed it.

I like their Spicy Korean Beef. I wish they'd use a little less salt but it's still good.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,387,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedavid View Post
Red Robin is in Crossroads, which is just down Buck Jones Rd. 919-854-5415.

Their huge studly burgers make for good carry out. And when they've made a mistake, they have always been great at giving us a free burger gift card. Very good service.

Again, no drive up... sorry. But I think the food is worth the walk in.

Map...
Google Maps

Make sure you sign up online for their birthday club. You get a free burger on your birthday! What's not to love about that.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,296,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Witch,
What would you recommend from the Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen?
Cinnamon rolls are amazing as are the bacon egg and cheese biscuits. All their food is made on the spot and is like home-made. Too bad they close at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 PM

90 posts, read 237,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hey... It was good for a chuckle... Thanks.
My boyfriend thought the same thing. He laughed his A$$ right off the couch. It turned out well, because I discovered he could actually separate it from the couch. Until now, I thought it was actually attached.

Thank you to everyone who gave some excellent input. I now have so many places to choose from. I did try Bojangles today and thought I died and went to heaven. The grilled chicken is excellent and those fries are out of this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary