Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 02:39 PM

502 posts, read 1,656,187 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a custom builder (that's still in business) to construct a home on a lot that has already been purchased in Clayton. This is basically a "bring your own builder" situation. Any suggestions? Personal experiences - positive and negative - from my trusted C-D family appreciated.

Remember the TOS, so DM me if necessary. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,879,917 times
Johnny Watson Builders, Knightdale. He has done some lovely brick custom homes around here as well as hardiplank, etc. I am buying one of his homes, very pleased with his work.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 PM

24 posts, read 46,935 times
I have no personal experience, but I would also look at Kirkwood Builders since you are talking Clayton. Every house I've seen by them is top notch and they seem to win a lot of best of awards.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,928,138 times
Joseph Grantham Custom Homes, Inc. I first had him add a screened porch and tiled deck to my house, then finish off my basement, then after seeing the quality of his work, hired him again to construct a partially attached/partially detached garage with full basement underneath to match my 10 year old house. All work was done immaculately. He has used the same subs for MANY years and has lots of experience building homes up through $3M+. I have since referred him to a ton of friends and neighbors, all of whom ended up hiring him and being thrilled with him. Give him a chance to quote your job - he's amazing to work with (I have no affiliation with him other than being a happy customer, at least as happy as one can be after spending well over $150K to add on to a house!)

Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 AM

502 posts, read 1,656,187 times
Thanks for the responses so far. Keep 'em commin'!

Sorry I couldn't rep you RDU. I have to spread more love first...

Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,928,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHuntress View Post
Thanks for the responses so far. Keep 'em commin'!

Sorry I couldn't rep you RDU. I have to spread more love first...
No problem. If you'd like to come to my house so I can show you the work he's done, you're more than welcome. I can also refer all of my friends and neighbors who had him do work too, so you can see a smattering of his most recent work, plus I'm sure he'd give you addresses to several full homes he's done.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 AM

63 posts, read 182,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHuntress View Post
I'm looking for a custom builder (that's still in business) to construct a home on a lot that has already been purchased in Clayton. This is basically a "bring your own builder" situation. Any suggestions? Personal experiences - positive and negative - from my trusted C-D family appreciated.

Remember the TOS, so DM me if necessary. TIA!
Hello~ I would like to recommend Tracey Law - Andemeron Homes. He is local knows the business inside and out! In 2006 & 2010 we have had 2 homes custom built by Tracey and his team. Both homes are in Govenor's Club in Chapel Hill.. so requirements are stringent. He is easy to work with and reliable. Please let me know if you have any questions.

www.andemeronhomes.com

Last edited by JMS1; 03-11-2011 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary