Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,658 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move myself and my daughter (2yrs old) to the Raleigh area. Can ya'll give me some advice to towns/cities and what they are like down there. I currently live outside of Washington, D.C. and am looking for a little slower pace of life. Any information would be real cool, nice area for my daughter, also if you have prices for day care that would be really good. I can only imagine it is cheaper than D.C. area. Thanks ya'll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 05:40 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,137 times
Much slower than the Washington D.C. area. You might want to try Wake Forest, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina area,as well as Apex. I helped relocate a client, that is loving the Fuquay Varina area, and loving the day care that her son goes to. If you need any info on that day care in that area, just let me know. It is a great place to raise a family. I never once regretted moving to this area from up north.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:52 PM

375 posts, read 912,904 times
Default Moving To Raleigh area

Hi there!

I too am looking into moving to the Raleigh area. I have 2 kids and am looking for a town in which the cost of living is significantly cheaper than where I live (Melbourne FL area). Any ideas on great towns that are still close enough to Raleigh to commute/take advantage of educational opps for my son, but are affordable for one income homes? I need a place I can afford to only work one FT job while I go back to school.

BTW, for all of those IT guys out there, what does the Raleigh area offer in terms of IT/Software training? I'll be looking to move in that direction and would like to be ideally situated once I finish a degree(thus the move now). I teach online now, and want to get an advanced degree so that I can develop software for training and ed systems...

Any other input is always welcomed!

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2007, 08:40 PM

6 posts, read 25,446 times
Default new girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGirl24 View Post
I am looking to move myself and my daughter (2yrs old) to the Raleigh area. Can ya'll give me some advice to towns/cities and what they are like down there. I currently live outside of Washington, D.C. and am looking for a little slower pace of life. Any information would be real cool, nice area for my daughter, also if you have prices for day care that would be really good. I can only imagine it is cheaper than D.C. area. Thanks ya'll.
You may like Chapel Hill and Carrboro for a quieter but intellectually stimulating enviroment. There are several good day care centers, some expensive others more reasonable

Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyvandusen View Post
You may like Chapel Hill and Carrboro for a quieter but intellectually stimulating enviroment. There are several good day care centers, some expensive others more reasonable
Those towns tend to be so expensive, though - some of the most expensive real estate in the Triangle. And Rachael very clearly stated that she needs to move to a less expensive area, so Chapel Hill and Carrboro are probably not her best options.

Rachael, I'd look around in the outer suburbs if I were you. Towns like Holly Springs, Garner, and Clayton are growing pretty steadily, but I hear that there are still some very affordable homes to be found there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary