Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:15 PM

192 posts, read 437,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post
Brandywine Subdivision in Cary pretty much fits that....I know cause I live there. Houses are closer to upper 300's to low 400's and up to about 600.
Brandywine is very close to I-40 and i do not think any of the houses there fit into your budget
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 06:14 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,793 times
Some very nice communities in Cary are: Cooperleaf, Weycroft, Green Level and Hilliard Forest (these all are fairly new and fit in your price range with activiites - or soon to be activities).
In Raliegh: Gates of Ethan's Glen and Parker Falls come to mind. There are many more. It's hard to suggest something without really knowing one's likes and dislikes. Maybe you might like Governor's Club in Chapel Hill. Many amenities and it's gated.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:56 AM

584 posts, read 2,423,769 times
Also Avalon near Crabtree.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM

10 posts, read 32,823 times
Thanks so much for all of the great options and feedback, I am excited about exploring all of the neighborhoods suggested- for those who requested more information, we are the kind of family that likes the conveinence of modern, with the ambiance of established...in the past we have lived in both brand new planned communities and older established ones - what stands out, admitedly, we don't have the patience for the "fixer upper set, but we SURE appreciate those who have done the fixing up in an older home, other things we appreciate:

- lots of young kids
- parks
- neighborhood traditions (halloween, 4th of July)
- a pool is a nice touch
- genuinely caring neighbors, not the fake ones that only wave "Hi" from afar
- good schools, we'd like to keep our 3 yo in a Montessori program
- a nice wine shop nearby
- Trees, and not scraggly little bushes
Both my husband and I will be working full time from home, he will have extensive travel, I will not, thus I guess within 30 minutes of RDU would be a plus.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 AM

188 posts, read 748,542 times
I believe that North Ridge fits your description other than the Whole Foods part. In addition to the Whole Foods rumors, I believe that a Trader Joe's is coming somewhere in N Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary