Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 PM

357 posts, read 1,383,158 times

Advertisements

My husband & I were over at Triangle Town Center this evening and decided to grab a bite to eat. We hadn't been over that way in a while and decided to check out the Gianni & Gaitano's, as we love the one in Wakefield & on Creedmoor Rd. Much to our surprise we found it locked by order of the Sheriff's Department. Does anyone have the inside scoop on what happened? If I remember correctly, they opened that location not too long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 06:03 AM

488 posts, read 1,554,509 times
Oh wow I have no idea!!!! We just ate at the one in Wakefield on Wednesday night and Rocco's seems to be going strong. I think that TTC location has bad Karma or something.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,340,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyboat View Post
My husband & I were over at Triangle Town Center this evening and decided to grab a bite to eat. We hadn't been over that way in a while and decided to check out the Gianni & Gaitano's, as we love the one in Wakefield & on Creedmoor Rd. Much to our surprise we found it locked by order of the Sheriff's Department. Does anyone have the inside scoop on what happened? If I remember correctly, they opened that location not too long ago.

I guess its not 'All Good in Da Hood' as they say at the TTC. I have not read anything about the closure. Hopefully the one in Wakefield will not close.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:57 PM
RL1

12 posts, read 40,071 times
Thats a shame, I like that place. There is one still on creedmoor, I think.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:02 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
They were getting bad health inspections.

Previous Bamboo Club restaurant failed in that building too. Way too many square feet to be able to operate profitably.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:41 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,299 times
I heard from one of the owners business had not been good since day one.. however the part about the Sheriff is perplexing...

Old 08-31-2008, 05:42 PM

They were probably evicted - that's the sheriff's job.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,299 times
We used to eat at Gianni & Gaitano's 3-4 times a month. However, they (like others) have raised their prices AND cut their quality (like others too). The last few crusts on the pizzas (Italian style) have been soooo thin and the toppings skimpy at best.

I just can't justify it anymore.

Too bad.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:35 AM

We just noticed the same Friday at (gasp) the Angus Barn.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM

97 posts, read 246,472 times
Had one of the worst dining experiences of my life at this place. It was my son's 22 birthday, he picked the restaurant. There were 5 of us for dinner. My son and I both ordered veal. 45 minutes later, the waitress informed us there was only enough veal for one dish, so they made mine. My son ordered something else (I don't remember what he ordered the second time). All of the food came, except his, 15 minutes later. We were almost finished eating, his food still had not arrived. I went looking for the waitress and found her in the bar area talking to the manager. She told him no one in the kitchen knew how to make the dish. We'd been there almost an hour and a half by then, he still had no food. The waitress came back to the table and offered him a free desert. I asked if there was anything that he could get to eat, she made a few recommendations, and he picked one of those. Another half hour later, two hours total, he still had no food, other than the desert. I went again to find the manager and asked if he was ever going to be served. He said he didn't think so. I asked for the check. Other than the free desert, they were not going to do anything else about this horrible experience. I talked to the manager again, rather heatedly, and he gave me 50 percent off the bill. I reluctantly paid. He then asked if I would give them another chance and come back. I laughed and told him I would never go there again even if it was free and that it was no way to run a restaurant.

My son ended up eating a sub from Quiznos.

So if this sorry excuse for an eatery is gone, I say good riddance!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary