Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 04:15 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,510 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am hoping for some last minute help. We will be on a plane headed to Raleigh Tuesday to find a new home. We currently live in East Brookfield, MA. We are looking to find a great townhouse in Cary. We have a Realtor helping us, so hopefully we will be in good hands. Before we get on the plane, I am hoping some people here can tell us which communities they like or do not like. Please continue providing info, as we will check in on our realtors computer now and then, once we are there.

We are so excited to leave MA behind us and start a new life in NC. We have been told so many great things about Cary and cannot wait to be part of the scene.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:10 PM

355 posts, read 1,503,262 times
Not sure what your price point is, but Weathersby (close to Bond Park) is nice. You could check out Cary Park as well. Stone Creek Village is yet another.

Good luck!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:26 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,426,738 times
We moved to Cary from RI in April. We purchased a townhome in Stone Creek Village and couldn't be happier. It is a beautful community within walking distance to shops, restaurants etc. We pretty much looked all over Cary when searching for the right place. There are many other nice townhome communities - it all depends on what you are looking for. Some other nice ones (in no particular order):

Weathersby (as the previous OP mentioned) - nice location, nice upgrades
Stonewater - 3 story, new development, lots of building going on
Ardmore at Reedy Creek - very nice but not my favorite location
Westover Park - very nice, by Centex, great location
Weston Place - nice location, nice homes
Amberly - very large development, too large a community for us.

There were reasons we nixed some. Of course, Stone Creek was our favorite. We fell in love with our place as soon as we walked in.
Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-01-2008 at 06:26 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 05:46 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
It would help if we knew how much you wanted to spend and if it has to be a townhouse and if it has to be Cary and not Holly Springs or Apex or North Raleigh or Morrisville!

Vicki

Old 08-31-2008, 07:01 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,510 times
Thanks for the info so far. We would be looking in the $200k to $400k range. We wouldn't mind looking at other price points just to compare. Cary is our town of choice and we would prefer to limit our search to there. We have read great things about the town and it seems that it will fit our needs really well. I know things can appear one way online, but everyone we speak to supports what we have seen and read about Cary. It sounds great. Then again, just about anything sounds better than MA. There is no way we will spend another long, cold and boring winter here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary