Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:45 PM

578 posts, read 3,081,336 times

Advertisements

I left a message for Susan Stone, never received a reply. I eventually hired Pat Cashman @ Today's Interiors. She seems to be experienced and do professional work and has a warehouse and purchasing capacity supposedly below standard retail which would theoretically negate her fees via the savings. She said she can do everything but dog houses. I asked, haha. Idon't own a dog, but I was curious anyway. Just the kind of wise ass I am!

Mostly I found it hard to pre-qualify the designers. Very few have websites for some reason! Hard to believe in this day and age, but it's what I found. Most want to charge for the initial consultation which is totally fair since they would come to your house and spend their time travelling and evaluating.

I've never hired one and have only seen them on TV. I'll post updates with my findings and experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 06:42 PM

13 posts, read 45,475 times
Default Interior Designer experience

Any updates on your experience with the interior designer? I need to hire one, but am hesitant to do so without doing a bit of research first.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM

578 posts, read 3,081,336 times
We stopped doing business with Pat Cashman @ Today's Interiors after she backed over my mailbox and refused to fully reimburse me. I sent a letter saying it was hard to believe she was going to throw away my future business and potential referrals over a $250 mailbox (thanks HOA) that she ran over. Never heard from her again. I considered taking her to small claims, or better yet filing a claim against her auto or business insurance, but didn't want to expend the effort for the $120 or whatever it was she still owed.

Regardless of her mowing down our mailbox our experience was sub-par. And certainly nothing like the TV shows.

My conclusion: You're better off spending collecting photos of rooms you like then copying the decor yourself.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 5,645 times
Hi,
We are also new to wake forest and would like some help with color selection and furniture purchases. I have had someone in but their taste is very much "southern" and not mine so was wondering if there is an ID with more modern ideas and taste?
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 PM

532 posts, read 2,845,023 times
National Art Interiors + Design in Raleigh 919-833-9717 . Not Southern or Country - just fantastic classic design. We worked with Andrea Knox, who is no longer there but the staff is very talented. You could visit their showroom on Six Forks or check out their website National Art Interiors + Design Holly Fuller is the owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary