Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:38 PM

6 posts, read 12,653 times

Advertisements

We have Traveler's Insurance since we have them for our car insurance as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 PM

94 posts, read 393,983 times
Thumbs up Referral -Insurance Company

Amica provides Auto, Renter, Home Owner, Marine coverage. Unless you have a lot of points on your MVR, I haven’t known them to be higher than anyone else, they have saved a few of my former coworkers $$$ and they have EXCELLENT service –see ‘Recognition’ below.

Amica - Amica Insurance - Products (http://www.amica.com/products/products.aspx - broken link)

Send me a PM for the Rep I use - she's wonderful!!!

Amica Recognition (click link or see below): Amica Insurance - Awards and Recognition

J.D. Power and Associates ranks Amica "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among National Auto Insurers," 9 Years in a row!!!
All Auto Provider ratings: Ratings | J.D. Power

Amica earned high honors as a “Customer Service Champ” in BusinessWeek magazine’s second-annual rankings.2 The 2008 report ranks the 25 best providers of customer service and describes the techniques, strategies, and tools these companies use to deliver great service.

Amica Life Insurance Company has been named to the prestigious list of Ward's 50 top performing life-health insurance companies. The list was recently released by Ward Group, a consulting firm that specializes in the insurance industry and which is the industry's leading provider of benchmarking and best practices services.

A.M. Best, a leading insurance industry analyst and the nation's authority on insurance company financial stability, has given the financial strength rating (FSR) of A++ (Superior) to Amica Mutual Group (Amica). This rating applies to the lead company, Amica Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates: Amica Lloyd's of Texas (Sugar Land, TX) and Amica Property & Casualty Insurance Company.3 Additionally, A.M. Best has given the FSR of A+ (Superior) to Amica Life Insurance Company (Amica Life).3 These A.M. Best ratings reflect the respective Amica companies' outstanding capitalization, solid operating performance, and well-established market positions.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 PM

147 posts, read 689,310 times
We use Traveler's through Geico. Have our car insurance through them as well and are very happy -- we did have an car accident and they handled it all very well, very professionally and very quickly!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:45 PM

656 posts, read 1,992,123 times
I did lots and lots of shopping for our insurance and we went with Erie for their rating and their good reputation. Their rates were the best!!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:54 PM

528 posts, read 1,463,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecat6571 View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly, CarolinaCowboy! We had a tornado hit our town, and two of our schools were destroyed....and....it was very interesting to see who came thru and who left there people hanging. Some people had money in hand the next day and some people (USAA) had to wait months to get any kind of money!!! I do have USAA for some things but not homeowners!!!! It is very sad isn't it!!!
Ok, CarolinaCowboy and alliecat...now I'm nervous! I haven't had to "cash in" on my policy at all so you both make great points. I'm talking to hubby about this as we speak!

Old 10-04-2008, 08:10 PM

30 posts, read 90,097 times
Default scary huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes4birds View Post
Ok, CarolinaCowboy and alliecat...now I'm nervous! I haven't had to "cash in" on my policy at all so you both make great points. I'm talking to hubby about this as we speak!
I know...I was completely and totally shocked when the tornado hit and all of this went down. The very day the tornado hit, the insurance companies names where written down on the houses (if there was one or part of one) with spray paint and every house is/was torn down and replaced except for the USAA ones....and they still sit, empty and damaged, with spray paint on them saying USAA. It is very sad to drive by every day! So...I will be "interviewing" the insurance companies from here on out.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:00 PM

836 posts, read 3,470,692 times
I will second Amica. After Hurricane FRan, when I had a NIGHTMARISH time getting money from my insurance company, I asked around among friends about their Fran recovery experiences, and everyone that had Amica had success stories. Even those with Amica without damage said Amica called to check on them and see if they had any claim.

We now are so happy with them that we have all our insurance with them. You do not go through a broker, but buy direct from the company, so no middleman. Every person we have every spoken to, or a claim or otherwise, has been nice, intelligent and responsive. The main guy we talk to, out of the main office (not in NC) has been the same guy for years. He talks to me like an thinking adult (you know, rather than my old compay that always talked to me like I was a lying idiot). He remembers my information, gives me solid advice, etc.

The best thing is that it is a customer owned business, so every year we get this check that is a share of the profits, I guess. We always forget about it, then right before Christmas we get this little check in the mail...usually a couple hundred dollars, but it is fun to get!

We have only had one claim with them, after the bad ice storm a couple years ago (deck damage, loss of total contents of freezer full of meat). THey didn't even question it or ask for breakdown...just sent me a check.

I love AMica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary