Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:03 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,327 times

Advertisements

[quote=CAKD;373489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Now here's the kicker: we need a small space to build in a wine "cellar." )

Look for a home that has a closet under the stairs. I did a beautiful conversion from a coat closet that ran deep under a stairway to a wine "cellar" for a client. We took the door off. Did stone facade capping the doorway and placed an iron work door on there so you could see in. Had wine racks built in out of a dark cherry wood. Although it was in the entry this couple loved wine and it was quite a hobby for them. It became quite the conversation piece when they entertained.
You kill me. I want that, but I didn't buy a house with space under the stairwell. Hmmm.... I am going to look for some kind of cubby space though.
Great idea. I love to collect wine. It doesn't build up much though, because when I get a good bottle of wine, I want to drink it, not store it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,122 times
When you find one like this would you let me know. Sounds like the house we are looking for as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
As empty nester we don't need extra bedrooms and game rooms but what we do want (and is so hard to find) is a single story house. We want 3 br/ 2 bths and would prefer a separate office/study. I want an open floor plan with a big kitchen, granite countertops, high ceilings, hardwoods/tile and good closet space. I also want a big master shower (no interest in a master tub) and large walk-in closet(s). Now here's the kicker: we need a small space to build in a wine "cellar." It is likely that we will use the utility room for that and I will have to do laundry in the garage. We also need lots of built-in bookshelves somewhere in the house. I don't care if the yard is miniscule unlike most of you here looking for pieces of an acre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary