Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I simply want to know HOW she got away from their familes!!! I say this because my family (sister and mom) are very much into family drama and it is all that I can do to stay out of it. Yet, they keep calling me to inform me of things I have no interest in! So, to Kate...how the heck did you get your's and Jon's family to stay out of the picture??? As for hatred...I don't think this thread is about that at all! I can see that Kate (bless her heart) has major control issues. Takes one to know one!!! I just try to be a bit nicer!!!

Vicki
This is my favorite post of the thread! Actually this would be useful information for me too for my husband's family (being around them is like watching the Soap Net 24/7). I can't give you rep points yet or I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM

615 posts, read 1,503,628 times
Hey there Vicki--

I love the show. I think they are a hoot....they show the good, the bad and the ugly..and I like that about people(as you know..LOL)

Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 AM

431 posts, read 1,338,296 times
I personally love the show..... especially their little "professor" Aidan.....he's sooo cute....anyways...I think this was a couple who wanted to have a family and unfortunately
were unable to do so on their own....yes they chose to keep and deliver the 6 children and
it doesnt seem that any of the children have any major health issues in comparisons to some
other multiples that have been on tv and reported on thankfully.

I think that although they do allow us all into their home/lives the children have now gotten an
extended family in the crew and others who seem to be close and care about the children....

I don't begruge the parents for allowing them in and in return accepting help for the family financially, I don't see how a family would be able to manage with all the costs of having all the children, yes they've been given free trips /vacations/outings but so what......

I'm sure thats not the big picture in their eyes, but a means to support and put money away for their childrens future....which is difficult for any family even with one kid nowadays

I'm curious to know what others opinions are in comparision to this family who has accepted help (with $ from the show and other perks) and the other families who have 12, 18 + kids that didnt have fertility issues and wound up with all these little buggers but who chose to continually have children in astronomical numbers and then do the same and are accepting all the benefits.

I personally think that Jon & Kate rolled with what was given to them yes they made a choice but here they know they are done with having more children whereas these other families continue to have the children and are in my opinion using that more as a way for financial gain.......I think that the latter in some ways is questionable in comparison to Jon and Kate.....

Although I must say i do watch both, I have 3 boys and could not conceive having more.....my hands are full......so I am amazed when I watch these shows and how they get everyone together and have such organization...

Just my thoughts....

Suzanne

Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 PM

615 posts, read 1,503,628 times
Well said Suzanne... I agree with all you said 100%.

(I love that little Aaden too!. That Mady though...whew. They have their hands full with her alone..LOL)

Old 11-20-2008, 05:46 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,650 times
You know what would be hilarous??? If Jon and Kate + 8 moved in next door to Clay Aiken, his live-in notagirlfriend baby mama Jaymes Foster, and their son Parker. Now, there is a reality show to end 'em all LOL.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:55 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Hey now...don't be pickin on Clay!!! You do not want those Claymates after you!!!

Vicki

Old 11-20-2008, 06:10 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
I was at the Raleigh Christmas parade that year he was on the float just after he lost American Idol...I felt bad for stereotyping, but all I could think about was how RIDICULOUS it was that all of these 13 year old (as well as 50 year old) women were all going crazy and in love with a fairly obviously gay man. That isn't still going on now that he's "out" is it?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
I'm am appalled at some of the hateful comments here. I would love their family to move to NC. I love the show, I find their family inspirational, funny and very entertaining to watch. IMO Jon and Kate are doing a great job as parents, their kids are all healthy, nurtured, loved, smart and funny and seem generally well behaved and when they are not, they are punished.

I have no problem at all with them making money from their family situation, its not exploitation. I see a lot of jealousy on this thread. I have twins and a singleton and I'll tell you, its hard with 3 little ones, 8 little ones is nearly unimaginable to me. I give Jon and Kate tons of credit. Leave them alone, they are free to make decisions that they feel best suit their family and situation. Who are all of you to judge them? If you don't like the show don't watch, but why spread rumors and lies and hate? I just don't understand mean people.
Amen.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:03 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I was at the Raleigh Christmas parade that year he was on the float just after he lost American Idol...I felt bad for stereotyping, but all I could think about was how RIDICULOUS it was that all of these 13 year old (as well as 50 year old) women were all going crazy and in love with a fairly obviously gay man. That isn't still going on now that he's "out" is it?
Since I can't speak for all the 13 year olds or the 50 year old women...I'll just speak for myself.

I don't care if Clay is gay. I don't love Clay nor am I "in love" with Clay but I absolutely LOVE HIS VOICE!

Since I cannot bring him home, hubby says so...I'm just happy to hear him sing!!!

Vicki

Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,650 times
Yes, he has an amazing voice, and he is a UNICEF Ambassador and advocate for inclusion of people with disabilities. And good looking, gay or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary