Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

I noticed this place over the summer while the building appeared to be in the process of being renovated. I ran across it again a week or so ago when I was taking pictures in North Raleigh along six forks road and decided to take my wife there this past weekend to do some Christmas Shopping. When Pigz Fly is a small cottage like shop that sells unique gifts created by many local artisans in the Triangle. Everything from jewelry and handbags, to pottery, stained glass, soaps, as well local honey and jams ect… They even sell coffee from a local roaster called Muddy Dog Coffee. The shop is located along six forks road in North Raleigh a few miles north of I-540.

While there this past weekend I spoke to the owners for a few minutes and they indicated that they have been open since October and are planning to have an “open house” next Saturday (December 5th) starting at 1pm which will feature free samples of some of the local jams, honey, and relishes they sell. A local author will also be on hand during the open house to talk about their book called “The Battle for Falls Lake” which includes a lot of history of the Falls community and its residents.

Here are a few pictures of the shop:

Exterior of the shop

Pictures from inside

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 05:17 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Ooh - I have to go there, thanks for posting!

Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
Thanks for posting! This looks like a great place to find some unique gifts.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:53 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times
cool find! Thanks for posting the photos!

Old 12-01-2008, 05:56 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
NRG - wow, this seems like just the place I have been looking for! Thanks!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 11,231 times
Default This is really a great place to shop...

I have been wanting to pop in but never had the opportunity. Saturday (my house was full of sick people)... I escaped and went by When Pigz fly. I was able to get over half of my Christmas Shopping done. The people who worked there were super freindly and accommading. Even when the store was full and people were waiting, they remained positive and upbeat.
In just speaking with them (they had to wrap allot of gifts), I shared that I do an Angel Tree for the chiildren of Walnut Terrace ( a not so nice area in downtown Raleigh). I also have a raffle to raise money for the children of Walnut Terrace - the folks of 'When Pigz Fly' immeditatly stepped up and offered to donate a Basket to the Raffle.
Even in times with bad economy - there really are still lovely, generous, friendly people. (...and at least two are working at When Pigz Fly).
They also have really beautiful pottery!!!! (local pottery)

Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 11,231 times
How do i find the address or phone number?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nminear1 View Post
How do i find the address or phone number?
They are located at 1125 Six Forks Road in North Raleigh. Map

I'll send you a DM with their Phone Number.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,515 times
Shop in this store a lot!! Awesome unique gifts with "very" good prices. Local arts/crafts, Christmas Trees, you name. Much better than buying stuff made in China. Highly recommend visiting this cute place soon!

Old 12-08-2008, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,445 times
Went to the open house this weekend I was very impressed. Enjoyed the entertainment. I can't wait to go again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary