Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,408 times

Advertisements

List your favorites! Here are mine:

1) How, when, and why to use turn signals

2) To turn headlights on when the wiper blades are going

Last edited by cry884; 12-11-2008 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: Apparently the thread is boring and should not have been posted. My apologies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 02:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post

Sounds like you just described 90% of drivers in just about every state in the entire United States.

Makes Sense since this area is such a melting pot of residents from other parts of the country when you think about it.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:51 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,020,941 times
Quote:

::yawn::

This thread could be in any forum in any city from around the country. EVERYONE always complains about other drivers...

Old 12-11-2008, 03:08 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,408 times
Default Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
::yawn::
So sorry to have bothered you with my thoughts. Wow. Self-important, much?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,020,941 times
Quote:
So sorry to have bothered you with my thoughts. Wow. Self-important, much?
Notice the smiley-faces at the bottom of the post? Just poking a little fun, no biggie and no offense intended.

(But it's also true that the same complaints are levied about residents in any city in the country...I'd guess you aren't from around here...anyone that relos to a new place always complains about the driving)

Last edited by sneezecake; 12-11-2008 at 03:33 PM..

Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM

115 posts, read 381,103 times
Quote:

In Raleigh (especially north of town), the following rules apply (some places in Cary, too.):

1) Turn signals are a sign of weakness - they let the enemy know your intentions.

2) If you follow closely enough, they can't get in front of you. (corollary: if you follow closely enough, the guy in front of you will speed up and you can get where you're going more quickly)

3) If someone signals that they want to get into your lane, they're just trying to slow you down. Quickly move up so they can't get in front of you.

4) Leave your headlights off if you can see the road (even just a little). If they can't see you, they can't get you.

5) If your car specifications say 15MPG, then that's what your car gets, regardless of how fast you pull out of a stop or what your speed on the beltline is.

6) Those "speed limit" signs are only for little old ladies and out-of-towners. You can go as fast as you want and, if the little old lady in front of you isn't going fast enough, either cut from lane to lane to get past her or get really close - she'll speed up.

7) If you have an SUV or 4WD, you can go as fast as you want. Don't let rain, snow, or ice get in your way.

If I think of any others, I'll send them along.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:15 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Sounds like you just described 90% of drivers in just about every state in the entire United States.

Makes Sense since this area is such a melting pot of residents from other parts of the country when you think about it.
exactly! not another driving thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:24 PM

746 posts, read 2,246,990 times
if you are driving craptastic blvd in the morning in that wonderful stretch between burlington mills and durant, slowing down to a crawl will prevent the person behind you from coasting right into your trunk. (I was behind such a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER last week. It was ridiculous)

Old 12-11-2008, 04:29 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
If a lane is clearly about to end, for goodness sakes, make sure you speed up to about 95 for those last 20 feet in order to pass the whole 3 cars that just *might* get in front of you. And don't forget to cut off the first car in the line!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:52 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Ok, since we're on this subject yet again - some people need lessons on the proper way to navigate a rotary/roundabout. You're not supposed to come to a dead stop and wait and wait and wait. The proper way is to yield and merge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary