Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:18 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,217 times

Advertisements

Really dumb topic, I know, but I figured if anyone could help me, it's the various and assorted Trianglians that frequent this board...

Does anyone know where in the area I can buy one of those really BIG plastic containers of animal crackers? Besides Sams/BJs/Costco? It's for a kind of gag christmas gift for a coworker with a serious love for animal crackers.

Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 12:22 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyO View Post
Really dumb topic, I know, but I figured if anyone could help me, it's the various and assorted Trianglians that frequent this board...

Does anyone know where in the area I can buy one of those really BIG plastic containers of animal crackers? Besides Sams/BJs/Costco? It's for a kind of gag christmas gift for a coworker with a serious love for animal crackers.

Thanks all.
My fav topic! I can only think of the warehouse stores you mentioned above. You may give Walmart a try. I love animal crackers as well. So much so that I buy the large box of crackers from Sam's on a regular basis.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
My fav topic! I can only think of the warehouse stores you mentioned above. You may give Walmart a try. I love animal crackers as well. So much so that I buy the large box of crackers from Sam's on a regular basis.
Yeah, I know the warehouse stores would probably have 'em, but we don't currently have a membership to any of them. I know you can still buy things without a membership, but don't you have to pay extra?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:31 PM

103 posts, read 495,523 times
Walmart carries them in a bag and it's HUGE! Enough to feed an army and then some...cheap too!

Old 12-13-2008, 12:39 PM

Thanks! That'll be my last resort... I really want to give him the big plastic jug/barrel...

Old 12-13-2008, 01:31 PM

551 posts, read 2,287,583 times
You could use the one-day pass to BJs that they have on their website to go in, but they do charge 15% extra. Check around the office, chances are, someone has a membership and would get them for you or let you go on their membership just for that.

http://www.bjs.com/join/one_day_pass.shtml (broken link)

Old 12-13-2008, 08:36 PM

746 posts, read 2,247,810 times
and the berkeley and Jensen brand is made by the ones sold at Wal*mart (my kids eat them all the time - can't remember the name but they are yummy!)

You don't even need the pass - just go to the front desk and let them know that you would like to check out their offerings - load up your cart with things you need plus the cookies and save a bundle at the same time!

ed: Stauffers is the brand I couldn't remember.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:38 PM

Thanks, all. I ended up getting the big bag at Walmart, and a big clear cookie jar to go with. I'll just give my coworker the bag + the cookie jar, and it'll achieve the same effect.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:46 PM

115 posts, read 381,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyO View Post
Yeah, I know the warehouse stores would probably have 'em, but we don't currently have a membership to any of them. I know you can still buy things without a membership, but don't you have to pay extra?
I believe non-members can go into BJ's and get a one-day pass. I think you pay 5% over the membership price for whatever you buy. Anyway, it's a possibility.

Edit: OK, it seems that someone beat me to it. I guess I should start reading the whole thread before commenting on a post.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:11 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,656,638 times
Bear Jug With Animal Crackers 24 Oz by Office Depot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary