Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:04 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

I was cruising my realtor's website and I found two identical houses in two different subdivisions. One is in Planters Walk in Knightdale and one is in Windsor Forest in North Raleigh off of Durant Road. The two houses are identical down to the siding color! The one in Knightdale is listed at $169,900 with a .22 acre lot. The one in North Raleigh is listed at $200,000 with a .19 acre lot. Both homes have a deck and are only 2 years apart in age (92' & 94').

It is interesting to see the difference in listing price of an identical house in two different areas of the triangle. I wonder if this happens often since the same builder may be responsible for developing multiple subdivisions in the area. I noticed that the North Raleigh version appears to have an updated kitchen with hardwood floors and better interior paint job. Still, it is interesting that the N. Raleigh location is listed at $30K more.

Funny thing is, my wife and I were interested in an identical house in Planters walk back over the summer, but it was sold before we had a chance to schedule a viewing (that really hurt! ). ...that one was listed at $155K a cool $45K less than the identical house currently listed in N. Raleigh!

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone here ever looked at identical houses in differnt locations while house hunting and how common it is to run into this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,568 times
Oh, absolutely. With the new constructions it is jarring to see variations of $50K and more depending on location & amenities, & lot size. That is why I learned to pick the community first, b/c it is not so hard to get a great house once you narrow down the area.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
My wife and I really like the Brookhaven plan by architect Frank Betz. We've found this plan built by 5 different builders in 5 different neighborhoods. Three were in Wake Forest (in fact one of them sold just this week), one was in south Raleigh (Rand Meadows) and one was in Cary (Park at Westlake). Two were brand new and built as spec homes by builders. Three were existing homes built within the last 5 years.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:27 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times
NRG, funny you should mention this. Online I saw 2 identical houses both built by Centex a year apart. And they were in subdivisions that are right beside each other. Now, I did not actually see the insides of these houses. But one was 50K more than the other and from looking at google earth the lots looked very similar. The more expensive one is still for sale, the less expensive one has dropped off mls... I assume it's sale pending.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:39 PM

959 posts, read 4,493,817 times
How did you know/find out they were all the "Brookhaven plan by architect Frank Betz"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
My wife and I really like the Brookhaven plan by architect Frank Betz. We've found this plan built by 5 different builders in 5 different neighborhoods. Three were in Wake Forest (in fact one of them sold just this week), one was in south Raleigh (Rand Meadows) and one was in Cary (Park at Westlake). Two were brand new and built as spec homes by builders. Three were existing homes built within the last 5 years.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:36 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
NRG,
It doesn't take long to figure out that no two houses are identical.

I live in the most popular model in my subdivision, and I can tell you there are significant differences, particularly after 12-15 years.
To answerr your question; Yes, I see the same models around the county.
It is fun to notice.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:40 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,757 times
Personally, pretty much all those new subdivision houses built by corporate developers look all the same to me!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:53 AM

50 posts, read 273,097 times
The difference in prices for the same house always amaze me even in the same area. In Knightdale Centex has The Pointe at Amberridge and then the Churchhill subdivision less then 5 miles away. The models at Churchhill are extactly the same but $15,500 more then at The Pointe. The only reason I can see for the big price gap is that the Churchhill subdivision is located in the city limits were The pointe is just outside the limits.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:04 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,154 times
Location Location Location! We looked at New Orleans home in Wakefield plantation that listed at $770. Same home in another neighborhood (both brand new construction)that is i remember correctly was in Cary was going for around $500K. Huge difference!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:24 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
How did you know/find out they were all the "Brookhaven plan by architect Frank Betz"?
Well, we've seen the Brookhaven plan on Frank Betz's website and are fairly familiar with it.

In one case, a builder in Wake Forest told us that he had built the plan and we could see it at a specific address. In 3 other cases, we walked through the house as they were for sale. And in the final case, we saw it in the MLS and the pictures confirmed that it was the plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary