Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 10,639 times

Advertisements

So, I enjoy doing musical theater, but I have very little dance experience. I was wondering if there were any good dance studios for adults in the area. I'd definitely be a beginner, and I'm leaning towards jazz dance. I'm also hoping to find a place where it's not full of women who are only doing it because thier daughters are doing it. (When my sister took ballet, there was an adult class afterwards consisting entirely of the mothers of the students in her class)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 PM

107 posts, read 480,473 times
9th Street Dance in Durham! I think it was opened with non-ever-having-danced adults as the intended students. Ninth Street Dance - Dance and movement classes for people of all shapes and sizes

Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 PM

746 posts, read 2,247,454 times
arthur miller on Capital blvd at the intersection of Highwoods?

Last edited by NcerfromNY; 01-13-2009 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: not sure that its name - sure it's the location!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 PM

635 posts, read 1,616,961 times
If you're interested in tap at all, I cannot recommend highly enough the classes at the Ballet School of Chapel Hill with Gene Medler. The man is an amazing teacher. I studied with him for 2 yrs as an adult (after doing tap elsewhere as a child) and I cannot stress enough what a really great and inspiring teacher he is. They have other adult classes there, too, though I only have experience with their tap class.

I did take a broadway dance class at 9th street dance which I enjoyed some time ago. The teacher, Michael Barriskill now has his own studio on Shannon Rd near South Square in Durham. They have some adult classes but I don't know what they're like.

And as the previous poster mentions, 9th street dance has a large roster of classes for adults.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:33 PM

32 posts, read 96,280 times
Arts Together in Raleigh offers some adult classes as well. I really enjoyed the beginning modern class; they are very welcoming to beginners.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 963 times
My adult ballet and aerial classes are technique-based, strengthening and FUN! Please feel free to come take a trial class as our guest. I love teaching my grown-ups! Boleyn Willis-Zeger, owner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary