Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,586 times

Advertisements

You might not all agree but I was hoping they would charge her with this. If you saw the accident and really noticed the jeep it was mangled.

I know a school bus is big but she must have been going way too fast around the corner to cause the jeep too look like that. There weren't any kids on the but thankfully so maybe she wasn't driving as careful as she usually was. It is a difficult corner and the road is narrow.

They haven't said speed was a factor but that is my guess.

Bus driver charged in fatal wreck in Cary - Local & State - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1369487.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 02:52 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,695,847 times
I saw that. Didn't they originally say a Taurus was involved (or maybe I'm thinking of something else)? I wonder if that was true.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 PM

475 posts, read 1,575,333 times
Yup, that's what they had said - that a Taurus had ignored the stop sign, and the bus driver swerved to avoid the car and the over-corrected, hitting the Jeep.

I feel so so sorry for the wife of the person killed, she is expecting their first daughter - my heart goes out to the family. Life can be so unfair at times.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:02 PM

521 posts, read 1,598,647 times
A gray Taurus. I keep expecting the police to come knocking on my front door to interrogate me, Law & Order style.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:52 PM

63 posts, read 216,756 times
Its really unfair to say you were hoping they would charge her for that with out knowing the situation ....... I could show you 100 accidents where things happen beyond the control of the person that caused the impact but when you drive by it looks differently. yeah she was driving the bus and its her fault but its not like the woman was on a cell phone texting her boyfriend or something .... a car ran a stop sign and she had to react. A school bus doesnt exactly react like a Ferrari and you cant relate unless you have driven one for an extended period of time... and Nooooo moving trucks dont count!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:20 AM

187 posts, read 803,437 times
Speed probably was a factor. The jeep was really mangled. People go way to fast at that curve. The speed limit is 35mph but less than a mile before it's 45mph so people really wind up hitting that curve at about 50 mph. School buses drive WAY to fast even with the kids on. It's been a big problem in our neighborhood that we are trying to solve. The investigators really took their time at that scene for a few days & came up with the bus driver needed to be charged

Old 01-17-2009, 08:25 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,104 times
Which corner was this?

Old 01-17-2009, 09:39 AM

475 posts, read 1,575,333 times
It is at the corner of Good Hope and Morrisville Carpenter. If you are going down Morrisville-carpenter towards 55, then right where the Good Hope Baptist Church is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary