Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 07:24 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,454,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post

Either way, the toppers are the parts that fail first in a mattress and by separating them, one can preserve their mattress set.
I wish a mattress company could make a mattress that you just added on the top section independently of the bottom. Coils will probably last a lifetime similar to shocks on a car. What wears out are the gas operated struts (padding). So just replace the top section.

Either way I'm glad I wasn't the only person in this world to think about buying a firm mattress and adding my own padding on top!! My wife thought I was crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 PM

920 posts, read 2,813,902 times
I've had my OMF bed for three years now, and it's still very comfortable and holding up well.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 PM

835 posts, read 2,878,058 times
Bumping this thread up because I am in desperate need of a good night's sleep. We recently put two twin beds together (used kids sets) to make a king for ourselves and bought a king sized 3 inch memory foam topper. The mattress on my side however is killing my back. I read where someone said something about a canoe...that's exactly how I wake up every morning, in a canoe! We were reluctant to get a king mattress because I prefer a firmer mattress, where my husband likes it softer. What kind of mattress from OMF would you recommend that would be firm and offer good back support? Would you recommend we buy separate twins and use the king topper as we are doing? My husband hasn't complained about his mattress so it's not critical that he get a new twin. Does OMF offer a king mattress with different levels of firmness (think I read that too)? If so, what is it called and how does it work? Lastly, what should we expect to pay for a twin and box that fits my needs vs. a king set as described above?

Thank you everyone.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:18 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
Does OMF offer a king mattress with different levels of firmness (think I read that too)?

Thank you everyone.
Yes..We selected different mattresses for the two sides of the king.
A king can be 2 twins, so you can mix & match.
They stay together on a king frame.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:33 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,731 times
I would call them and ask about pricing. Their pricing is pretty 'firm' - pardon the pun - and I don't think I've ever seen a sale. So i'd think that they would tell you on the phone. also, their website provides info about their offerings -- or they used to.

mostly, they'll want you to come in and lie down to check out how firm you really want it to be - your level of firm might differ from another's...

Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Very happy with mine. Felt their prices were quite reasonable for the quality of the product.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 806 times
We bought a queen Ultra Plush (higher end) from OMF 9+ years ago and liked it so much that we bought a queen Regency Luxury (a step or two down) for our guest room a few months later.
We've had guests comment on how comfortable the bed is.
Ready to replace our bed and will definitely go back to OMF.
Absolutely one of the best companies I have ever dealt with.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Cicero View Post
Absolutely one of the best companies I have ever dealt with.
Because of an illness in the family we ordered a
special mattress and then a week later circumstances changed so we did not need it...

OMC said there was no problem to cancel the order and gave a full refund ..
I will always appreciate that...

Old 07-25-2016, 11:15 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,678,508 times
We bought from OMF last fall. Ordered the extra firm and deliberating for a while but found it too hard after a few months of use. Traded it back in for one step lower and only had to pay some trivial amount (maybe $200). Very pleased with the ability to do this instead of being stuck with a given mattress. Also, just to point out for people that like firm mattresses...this IS the place! Their extra firm is almost rock-like, it was just too firm for my wife's and my combined weight. It did not compress even if we sat on an edge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary