Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 6,822 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
We are heading down to the clayton area this weekend to get a first hand look. We are trying to decide if relocation is right for us and need to see it before we take the plunge.
It's an 8&1/2 hour drive.....so any recommendations on what we shouldn't miss while we are down there?????
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
It's Valentine's Day weekend, so probably not quite as much going on as usual, since they figure everyone will be "romancing" :wink:

Old 02-09-2009, 01:59 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Where are you coming from? Have a safe trip! Keep us posted.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM

850 posts, read 3,626,560 times
Are you coming with kids? I'd get my hands on a local map and get an idea of the way of the land. I'd take a stroll through Main St and get some coffee at the Coffee Mill on S. Lombard (right off Main St). That empty lot adjacent to the Coffee Mill will eventually be a Farmer's Market (that will be housed at the town square or whatever its called at the corner of Main/O'neil for now).

I'd check out the E. Clayton (Archer Lodge area) and W. Clayton areas. Also, consider where your commute is going to be to...there are parts of Clayton much further than others from Raleigh and RTP.

What are you looking for in particular to do while you are here? Its a quick drive into Raleigh to the free Museum of Natural Sciences...just a thought.

Keep us posted!
Lauren

Old 02-10-2009, 12:08 PM

68 posts, read 180,552 times
Default Northeast to Clayton, NC

Clayton is nice. Came from Long Island, yes it is a bit different. There are some really nice parts. Check out Flowers Plantation area. I moved here two years ago, I love it.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,173 times
Default Clayton is DULLSVILLE!

You didn't say where you were coming from, but be forewarned Clayton is dullsville! Sure, it's a decent place to raise a family and buy a relatively inexpensive home, but honestly, there's not much to do here except go to Walmart. Big Whoop. They are building a new community center near Route 70, so hopefully there will be more stuff to do. (sure hope they build trails or something for the families!) Right now, we drive to Raleigh all the time, and even there it's not that
exciting! Good Luck!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
That's why I live in Raleigh.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM

I always tell people that Clayton doesn't have alot of stores, but people here are friendly and very social. I moved from Nassau County, Long Island-my choice of shopping plazas, 5 minutes away in each direction tons of dining choices. In Clayton, all shopping is available, but with limited choices. But remember we have the outlets, not too far away, if you want a mall, then head to Raleigh or Cary. We have lots of dining choices including Japanese steak house. The chinese food place (in the Food Lion shopping plaza at Flowers Plantation) is very good. We have all the local fast food places, kids places, bowling, skating, ceramics. Clayton is growing. After living here, I can say it is a nice place to raise a family and affordable. No Regrets. Visit...find out if it is for you.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia393 View Post
I moved from Nassau County, Long Island
Is there ANYBODY in Clayton anymore who is not from Long Island or New Jersey? I swear they're going to need to put in a turnpike/expressway.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM

Default Northerners

There is definately a "Northern Atmosphere"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary