Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 PM

23 posts, read 62,194 times

Advertisements

If you live in or shop in the Raleigh/RTP area, what type of items are you longing for that you cannot find since you've moved there? Please be thorough and specific. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 04:47 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,832,373 times
A Janie & Jack, but they're coming soon

Old 08-05-2006, 05:48 PM

693 posts, read 2,761,255 times
More Dunkin Donuts would be nice

Old 08-05-2006, 07:52 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,757 times
I'm sure many of the northerners in the Triangle area got excited yesterday whe the News&Observer mentioned that H&M was considering opening a store in downtown Raleigh.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 AM

23 posts, read 62,194 times
Thanx for the replies so far--What I'm looking for is more specific info concerning the everyday items that one misses when they move to a new area. Kind of-what it is that makes them tick! I am as ANTI-CORPORATE as they come so I'm looking to open a business that caters to the human in all of us , not the ego driven WANTS of any given group, but the inner driven NEEDS in all of us. Sort of a general store for the New-Age. If you found a business that catered to your needs-not your wants- would you choose to shop there, or do you prefer the corporate atmosphere? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
P.S. Please tell me where you used to live.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:15 AM

136 posts, read 751,832 times
Im from NJ. Just relocated here. And I REALLY miss my Wawa! But they SAY they are working their way South. HURRY UP WAWA!!

Anyway, I see what you would like more specifically and my list includes:

Pork Roll (Which I observed BJ's has it, but it wasnt the same)
TastyKake (I HEAR Jersey Mikes has them i'll have to check it out)
Tuttoroso Tomato Sauce- I cannot find it! And REALLY miss it .

Those are the first three that seem to come to mind.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 39,681 times
IKEA somewhere between Charlotte and Raleigh would be nice. Maybe more towards the Raleigh/Durham (RTP) area with all the young professionals.

Just my opinion...

well I just read your second post, so... oh well.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojoe315
Im from NJ. Just relocated here. And I REALLY miss my Wawa! But they SAY they are working their way South. HURRY UP WAWA!!

My Wal-Mart sells Tasty Kakes. Might also be available at other NC store locations.

Old 08-06-2006, 05:23 PM

741 posts, read 3,511,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojoe315

no tuttoroso tomato sauce? That's all I use. You can order your porkroll online @ jerseyporkrolldotcom they pack it and ship it right to you. No tastykake? Well your in luck my friend because at the same web site Plenty of Tastycake. It's funny they must have moved too and knew all of us would be searching for our porkroll and tastykake . They didn't have tuttoroso though. You would think you could find any of these items anywhere.

Last edited by FL little foot; 08-06-2006 at 05:50 PM..

Old 09-13-2006, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,553 times
Default Porkroll & Ikea

I travel to and from New Jersey on a regular basis to visit my mom who has Alzheimers. We use Ikea in our homebuilding business and I have thought about offering to transport items to area people on my trips as a way to defray my travel costs. If you have tried to have anything delivered by them you'll know that shipping is not their strong suit! Please let me know if you would like to discuss my doing this for you.
Also, I have successfully indoctrinated my kids into the "cult of Taylor ham". I usually bring back a porkroll or two every time I go up. If you would like to have me transport any of that as well, let me know.

jeffmac7101@triad.rr.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary