Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,448 times

Advertisements

Hello out there. My husband and I are thinking of moving our large family, 7kids , from Southern Cali to the Raleigh area in the next year or so. He works as a Merchant Seamen and can ship out of either the East or West coast so we are thinking about taking the big leap and moving back east. I am concerned about schools, neighborhoods, activities etc. for the kids. Does anyone have any specific area recommendations? Swim team is very important to one of my daughters and my oldest son is very involved in JROTC. Any tips, suggestions, etc. woulld be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 06:47 AM

69 posts, read 260,373 times
My neighborhood in Cary has a fantastic swim team. I just moved from So. Cal. Where do you live? Cary is very family oriented. There are so many fabulous areas for families here with good swim teams. Depends on price range. What range are you looking to buy in?

Old 03-20-2007, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,448 times
We are coming from the Temecula area, we live in Menifee right now. We are looking for a house no higher than $275 with hopefully 5 bedrooms, but 4 would work too. Hopefully a community with amenities like a pool and park etc. I have read some nice things about Cary but think it may be out of our price range.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:27 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsfam View Post
We are coming from the Temecula area, we live in Menifee right now. We are looking for a house no higher than $275 with hopefully 5 bedrooms, but 4 would work too. Hopefully a community with amenities like a pool and park etc. I have read some nice things about Cary but think it may be out of our price range.
Hey there Sims family. We moved from Murrieta in August. Know right where you are coming from Wake county and Orange county (chapel hill) have the best schools. You be pretty hard pressed to find a poor school in the Wake county district. Our kids attended Tovashal, Antelope Hills and then Shivela in Murrieta. As you know Tovashal and the new Antelope hills were highly rated schools. I would say that across the board the schools my kids attend here are pretty much the same. We moved to Holly Springs. Specifically Sunset Ridge neighborhood. It is a small rural sleeper town much like Temecula and Murrieta once were. Cary is the Irvine of the raleigh area, To give you a feel or comaprison. There are tons of sports (probably much more here than Temecula) for kids to participate in. The middle schools here even have Football, Baseball, Volleyball etc. sports like the High Schools have in CA. Most neighborhoods that have a swimming pool also have a swim team. There are also swim teams all around Wake county. I think Water Polo may be the exception to that as I have heard there are really no water polo teams out here. Thus far it has been a fantastic move for us personally. A wonderful place to raise a family. If you have any specific questions please feel free to PM me or post. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary