Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 07:19 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,014 times

Advertisements

Hey all. My wife and I were wondering where the best karaoke in the Triangle can be found. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 AM

600 posts, read 3,448,477 times
"Best Karaoke"........
Isn't that an oxymoron?
Sort of like "Accordion Music"?

Sorry.....Couldn't resist.

Streamer1212

Old 03-09-2009, 05:04 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyO View Post
Hey all. My wife and I were wondering where the best karaoke in the Triangle can be found. Would love to hear your thoughts.
I think that fad has pretty well passed.....lol.

There were/are a few bars in Wake Forest that used to do it...not sure if they still do (O'Dwyer's, Rocco's, McKenzie's).

I always avoid any bar on any night that karake is offered. For every decent singer there are 10 drunken idiots that can't carrry a tune in a bucket.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,014 times
Ha. Well, I guess my wife and I were spoiled. We're both musicians and back in our hometown, us and a bunch of musician friends would descend on karaoke bars for drinks and tunes. It was always tons of fun, and good singers far outnumbered bad ones. Sort of like the equivalent of Wednesday Night Beer League Softball, just with former band geeks instead of former gym class heroes.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 PM

20 posts, read 59,458 times
Check out Playmakers on Friday night.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:11 PM

27 posts, read 146,656 times
Front Row in Wakefield does it on Friday nights and Napper Tandy's downtown Raleigh on Sundays. I've been to both and have had a great time.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM

145 posts, read 663,943 times
So are there any Karaoke Fans here? - I think it's fun - thinking about going to Bone Daddy's Hide-Away tonight, there are starting Karaoke and tonight's the 1st night should be enertaining - starts at 8pm. Anyone want to check it out with us, it's on Creekside Dr - off Wake Forest Rd - would love to meet another couple or 2 there

We go to Michael Dean's on Falls of the Neuse on Friday Nights it's held in the bar - DJ Dirti - he's very entertaining - it starts at 9:30 until.... And if you are looking for a great Sunday Brunch DEFINITELY go here, it's AWESOME - get there at 10am Sunday before the crowds, it's really busy from 11am on....

Tailgaters on Millbrook Rd have Karaoke on both Fri & Sat Nights not sure of the time but my Mom has gone there with her friend a couple times and likes it, says there are regulars there and people know everyone. And drinks are cheaper than Michael Dean's need to check this one out.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 PM

119 posts, read 261,452 times
Default upper deck

I know the upper deck in downtown cary does karaoke. The people there seemed to enjoy themselves. The bar seems to attract a more older crowd than me and my friends like (85% of people are over 30) but might be more in your age group idk.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:45 AM

360 posts, read 995,481 times
I was at the Brickhouse Friday night, and they had a big crowd for Karaoke! I've also heard Champps at Triangle Town Centre does it, I think it's Saturday nights. Personally it's not my thing, I'd rather go and hear a band, where the person singing actually knows how to do so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary