Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,655 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, first post!

Tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions for great neighborhoods with SFH or TH in W Raleigh or Morrisville under $200k?

This would be my first home and mostly looking for a short term (4-6 yrs) investment.

Thanks in advance!!

(currently looking at westgate/ebenezer rd in raleigh and keystone crossings in morrisville if that helps!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Try Shiloh Grove in Morrisville off Church Street.

SPC Homes delivers a pretty good townhome for about $150,000.
And you can dress it up a little if you build from the ground up.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneten View Post
Hi guys, first post!

Tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions for great neighborhoods with SFH or TH in W Raleigh or Morrisville under $200k?

This would be my first home and mostly looking for a short term (4-6 yrs) investment.

Thanks in advance!!

(currently looking at westgate/ebenezer rd in raleigh and keystone crossings in morrisville if that helps!)
It is pressing the upper limit of your price point but I would look take a look at Harrington Grove. I think that is in the general area of west Raleigh you mentioned. Sorry, I'm not as familiar with West Raleigh as I should be!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM

360 posts, read 995,748 times
Heck, you might as well move to Cary, I live in Northwoods Crossing, and they are all new 3BR 2.5 Bath town homes with garages, most of which are priced below $200k.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Definitely the area around Ebenezer Church Road is great. Try Cornerstone Park, Camden Park and Long Lake and Pinecrest Townes for townhouses. For single family homes, try Delta Ridge. That is all I can think of off the top of my head but there are plenty more! Been in class from 8:30 until 5:30 today and so I am heading to bed EARLY!

Vicki

Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
BTW,

Keystone Crossings is in Durham County, with Durham Schools, and Morrisville Post Office service. Ergo the Morrisville address.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 8,766 times
Husband works in Morrisville. We live in Brier Creek in a TH (far less than $200). Check out Alexander Place. Short commute!

Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
You may want to check inside the beltline (ITB). There are many run down homes that could be fixed up. If you feel like putting in some work, you might walk away with a nice profit.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 PM

206 posts, read 596,872 times
Isn't the problem with run-down houses though that they are in neighborhoods where there are several of them? So you're going to see limited appreciation if at all, unless most to all of them get bought and redone. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking to buy a house too and I'm new to this.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:16 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needcaffeine View Post
Isn't the problem with run-down houses though that they are in neighborhoods where there are several of them? So you're going to see limited appreciation if at all, unless most to all of them get bought and redone. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking to buy a house too and I'm new to this.
Many are, but then others are in not so sketchy areas. When you drive down the road, you may see a mixture of homes in good shape and others that are in rough shape. With some research, one could pick up a house at a reasonable price and do alright with it. Many run down areas in both Raleigh and Durham are slowly being brought back to life. Sometimes by rehabbing and other times by demolition and rebuild. Either way, it's nice to see the change and progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary